cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSourcing standard code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

I am new in SAP ESourcing , i want to know that , is SAP provides the standard code for ESO.

we are using Application Version 5.1.08 , also want to know which IDE supported this code.

Thanks,

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Firstly welcome to the world of SAP E-Sourcing/CLM.

SAP E-Sourcing/CLM is completely developed in JAVA. The code is converted in JAR files WITHOUT code and deployed over a WAS server.

SAP has not published/given the standard code, b'cas while converting the JAVA code into JAR files, SAP converted them with option without code.

Its developed in JAVA so doesnot really depand on IDE version. Can you plz clarify what exaclty you mean by this.

Regards,

Vaibhav Modi

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

thanks for providing the clarification for this to Ritu, in addition, another point for Ritu is that, it isnt advisable and I must say not possible to touch the source Code for SAP Sourcing CLM, please optimize your development needs with the available API's delivered across the product for all business objects and technical objects supported.

At times, its frustrating to see that much cannot be done where API's are absent, but you would appreciate, that staying close to the standard and on-boarding what the application can offer is quite significant.

Vaibhav - Can you also share with Ritu, what you had done to integrate a 3rd party system with SAP Sourcing, this would make it clear for her on how to develop the J2EE components / objects that she is finding confusing

Regards

Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Tridip.

Ritu, Kindly share what exactly you are trying to achieve, so that I can guide you in that direction.

Till date I have not found any requirement where I need to change the standard code.There are lots of API available and

we can write JAVA Class/methods to achieve our custom requirements.

Do share what your requirement is like.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav ,

I am working to implement SSO between E sourcing and a third party application developed in Ruby on Rails .Also i want the third party application to display a dashboard which contains updated data from the E sourcing .The dashboard will mailny contain the list of Current RFx,Pending Approval, Request List, etc. Can you please suggest me how this can be achieved .

Thanks and Regards,

Piyush Sr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vaibhav/Tridip,

Sorry its too late i am replying.

In my application ESO is integrated with ERP system i.e. MM module of SAP.

so that we are able to create RFx from MM also and send it to eSourcing.

Sorry but i dont know wether you guys know about RFQ creation in MM or not , so that i will explain how it is working in my application.

If i create a RFQ from MM and sent it to ESO, i will get the Item text and long text of line Item(Item text and long text are MM field) into Description field of LineItem in ESO. in Description field it is coming in "Item text || long text" format. but description field is allow only 256 character, so we want that item text will go to description and long text will go to long description field in ESO line Item.

and this requirment is not supported in standard integration code.

for that i need to make some changes in standard code or application code.because its not possible by scripting.

for these changes i have the fcsourcing.ear file and i am using NWDS , is this the correct apporch?

because in JAVA projects development enviornment is always connect with development server than only we are able to deploy and test the changes in development.

accordingly i am trying in ESourcing but i dont know wether it will work or not...because upto now i am only see the integrated jar file in notepad . but i dont know eso application (EAR file) will react as a java project or not.

can you please provide me any information regarding such type of changes in ESO. also how to deploy the changes.

Also if any one know wether these requirment are get to resolve in next upgrad please reply.

Please provide me any help it will be appriciated.

Thanks,

Ritu