Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order - Item Category can not be changed

m_sigl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I create a new sales order with some itemes and I save the order. After saving the order I am not able to change the Item category. Even if the item is still open and I do not have any bookings on that.

Do you have an idea why I can not change the item category any more?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VOV4, select your sale order type and under the tab "MItCa", maintain the item category which you want to maintain and save.

Now create a new sale order and check.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

The item category is determined in sales order in the cobination of sales order document type and item category group maintained in customization.

You have to maintain relevant item categories accordingly under following customization path

SPRO>>Sales & Distribution>>Sales>>Sales Document Item>>Asign Item categories.

Also, if your material is partially ordered , then in that case you won't be able to chnage the item category as it will be greyed out.

BR,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The item category field is grayed out? Whats the item category? Is it Third party? Else check if its Allocation Item?

Alternative, delete the line and add new line and before entering give any desired item category which is allowed in the item category determination.

Regards

Sai

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

In VOV4 we maintain item categoy determination for combination Sales Doc type + Item cta. group + Usage + Higher level Item Cat

and in next column we assign default item category which we want to determine in sales order automatically, And in next three column we can assign allowed manual options categories, if you want more categories in allowed manual options then click on details, here you can see 11 fields for allowed optional manual categories. You can change item category in sales order only if you have assigned that item category in allowed manual entries column in VOV4.

Hope this clears your understanding

Regards

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Use TCODE V0V4, you must only assigned one item category to the sales order type. assiging anthoer item category to the sales order type , so you can change the item category when you change the sales order.