cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow SCM System - Live Cache related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have migrated our server to different location, but we see very slow performance on Livecache area. We see slow performance of jobs...

I am a fuctional consultant, & having lesser understanding on it. We dont have a livecache expert to fix this.

Can anyone, please help me what should be checked, what parameters we need to looked on ....

Please help

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's very difficult to give you any hint without having more information.

I suggest you open an OSS call on BC-DB-LVC. If this is a production system use an appropriate priority (High or very high). The support can then look directly on the system and check what is wrong.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I just got a comparison from the Basis consultant, comparing the old Vs new system parameters.

Do you see any more checks to be done ?

OLD CACHE_SIZE : 4194304 / pages

NEW : 196608 / pages

OLD MAXUSERTASKS : 91

NEW :94

OLD MAX CPU : 1

NEW :2

OLD OMS_HEAP_LIMIT: 8388608

NEW: :1572864 KB

please help

Edited by: Rahul Chitte on Feb 14, 2011 6:34 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I just got a comparison from the Basis consultant, comparing the old Vs new system parameters.

> Do you see any more checks to be done ?

>

>

>

> OLD CACHE_SIZE : 4194304 / pages

> NEW : 196608 / pages

That means that you are using MUCH less memory --> engine has to read data from disk --> slow

>

> OLD MAXUSERTASKS : 91

> NEW :94

>

> OLD MAX CPU : 1

> NEW :2

>

> OLD OMS_HEAP_LIMIT: 8388608

> NEW: :1572864 KB

>

> please help

I'd adapt those parameters, especially CACHE_SIZE and OMS_HEAP_LIMIT. Set them as they were on the old machine and restart the LC.

As said, I HIGHLY suggest that you create an OSS call for production environments, this forum here is not suited for such situations.

Markus

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

1. Please use the SAP note 1111426 to check the liveCache parameters configuration.

2. Please use the DB analyzer to find the bottleneck in liveCache.

3. You need to check the OS resources on the target liveCache server < memory, CPU > before to set the parameters-

Cache_Size, OMS_HEAP_LIMIT and MAXCPU. Please review the SAP notes - 833216, 719652 and 487972.

For example, if you have less RAM on the target liveCache server, then after increasing the CACHE_Size parameter you could lead to the performance issues in liveCache ...

Check how many CPU you have on the target liveCache server and follow the SAP note 833216 to set MAXCPU parameter.

4. So I recommend to create the SAP message to the component - SV-BO-SCM, if you need the check of the liveCache parameters configuration.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Knlopina

Answers (0)