cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyse possibility of adding new server node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am having requirement to add new server nodes in my standalone JAVA EP Servers.

I want to analyise the possibilities for adding new server nodes, the NW EP server version is 7.01 SP05.

Some qestions are.

1) What are the settings that i should check to suggest client for new server node?

2) What are the memory requirement for introducing new server node?

3) What is the thumb rule fror adding new server node in Windows Oracle combination?

Any help would be highly appretiated and rewarded.

Regards

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Some qestions are.
1) What are the settings that i should check to suggest client for new server node?

I would have approx 450-480 concurrent users per server node.

2) What are the memory requirement for introducing new server node?

It depends on your heap size , number of application and system threads etc. Consider your heapsize is 2 GB then you may want to have upto approx 3GB more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally each server node takes about 2GB memory space and say that each server node supports about 200 users sessions.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

For this particular issue, SAP has developed the Quick Sizer tool. This is available free of cost for customers from:

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/sizing

You will be able to identify whether more hardware/ server nodes etc. are needed and resize the server accordingly..

Also do have a look at:

SAP Note No. 384971: System parameters for high interface load

If there is enough RAM on the machine, then it will be helpful to add an additional server node as well.

The rule of thumb for number of server nodes for SUN JavaVM with 2 GB Heap each will be

#ServerNodes = (AvailableMemory / 2.5 GB)

A cluster restart will be needed after addition of the server node

Thanks and regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS