Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of WD4A Application/Component Customizing does not work

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I tried to customize Application FITV_POWL_TRIPS to hide two tabs. I did this on a Test Machine Customizing Mandt (100) via SE80 --> Test Application --> entered parameter &sap-config-mode=x; then did my alterations and saved them into a transport. SE01 recorded the following:

R3TR | TDAT | WDY_CONF_USER

--> WDY_CONF_USER

In case I then test the application with different users, the changes work for them all (as it should be).

After transporting the changes via scc1 to another Test Machine Mandt (103) which is connected to our Test-EP, the changes are supposedly there (i checked via WD WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER on both Mandts, they are identical) but when I test the application, the changes don't take effect on Mandt 103

Shouldn't it be working like this or am I missing something?

best regards

Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i read your post, i do not see any problem. I expect that to be working.

Are you sure that everything is activated in client 103

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry I don't really understand what you mean by activating changes on Client 103. All what was transported are normal table entries (TDAT), there's nothing to activate (or is there?). Correct me if I'm wrong please.

regards, lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

I didnt think that only customization transport was transported. Normally people have to activate sicf services ,that was why i asked you to check if everything is activated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lukas, we had a similar phenomenon and finally figured out, that the user had made a personalization.

There are these three levels of changing the UI in Web Dynpro:

1. configuration

2. customization (that is what you have done with configurationId=X

3. personalization

You can undo personalization in the web dynpro application directly, check the context menu \-> User Settings

However, this is just a guess :-).

Online Documentation on this topic: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/bbbeac2b07296fe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

mmarkvillanueva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you!!! This solved my problem 🙂

vineetrrakesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

I think FITV_POWL_TRIPS is a POWL based application. Then you might need to run the report POWL_D01 to clear the POWL cache. It might be the reason that the Application is showing you data from Cache, so you need to clear the cahce to let load everything including your customization.

Please see this wiki for more details [POWL wiki|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/POWL]

Otherwise i don't see any problem in your implementation.

Best Regards

Vineet

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I played around with the POWL-Reports...

checked for inconsistencies, refreshed POWL cache, deleted POWL cache, etc..

didn't work, problem remains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sometime back I was also similar kind of issue and my problem ge resolved after activating these ICF services on the system, this is probbly done by the basis team.Once this is done retransport the changes and now this will reflect.

Hope this might help you.

Pooja

Edited by: Pooja Gupta on Feb 17, 2011 7:27 AM

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

I did the following:

- wd_analyze_config_user --> deleted ALL what was there

- powl_d01 --> deleted ALL what was there

- sicf services deactivated and reactivated on the respective systems

- did role-based customizing in portal frontend (it's the same as test service with sap-config-mode)

- transported

no effect whatsoever....

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you tried to reactivate the component on the testing client and checked whether the changes are there or not...i think you have already did all these things, as In my case changes were there but still were not coming onto the screen.

Pooja

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I activated/generated all Components as you suggested, no effect still.

Took a look at wdy_conf_user... looks good as well..

Mandant:  103                                                                                
User:  *                                                                                
User-Scope:  A                                                                                
Config-ID:  FITV_POWL_TRAVELLER                                                                                
Config-Type:  00                                                                                
Config-Variant:                                                                                
Config-View:                                                                                
Component-Name:  POWL_UI_COMP                                                                                
WDY-Content:  FITV_POWL_TRIPS.POWL                                                                                
WDY-XContent:3C3F786D6C2076657273696F6E3D22312E30223F3E3C436F6D706F6E656E74204E616D653D22504F574C5F55495F434F4D502220436F6E6649643D224
64954565F504F574C5F54524156454
WDY-Content-Type:

Edit: WD4A Customizing works with every other aplication I tried... Travel Request, Travel Expenses, LEA, anything... just not with the one I need....

Edit: I'm now looking for a way to enhance Feeder Class CL_FITV_POWL_FEEDER_TRIPS to eliminate tabs "My Travel Plans" and "Credit Cards"...

Edit: I enhanced all methods of CL_FITV_POWL_FEEDER_TRIPS on trial and refreshed all possible changing parameters to inflict as much damage as possible on the POWL WD4A, hoping it would affect the tabstrips. It didn't. I killed pretty much everything except the tabstrips I want to be invisible.... I'm going to reverse all this now and try to delete the respective POWL-Queries in IMG... this is my last idea...

Edit: IT WORKED!! I deleted the respective table entries from TA POWL_QUERY. The Tabs are finally gone! Good grief. Points given to all who tried to help 😐

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Feb 17, 2011 1:39 PM

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Feb 17, 2011 2:28 PM

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Feb 17, 2011 4:17 PM

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Feb 17, 2011 4:31 PM

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you need to activate the changes again in 103 also.

thanks

sarbjeet singh