Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retransfer commodity code to feeder system

former_member433442
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i try to retransfer commodity codes to feeder system through program "/SAPSLL/STAWN_RETRANSFER", i am getting error as "No Data selected from table /sapsll/tlegsu".

I classified the SKU thorugh HTS data (tariff code) and i am trying to transfer that SKU to feeder system. What is the difference between Commodity code and tariff code?

If i classify the product using tariff code, can't i retransfer that to feeder system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabu,

May not be of great help.... but, I would like to throw some light on the differences between Commodity Codes(Schedule B codes for US) and Tariff Codes(HTS Codes for US)

Commodity codes are used in the Export Declaration whereas Tariff codes are used when you are doing the Import declaration...

The Main Bottle neck to retransfer the codes to the feeder system is in R/3 you have only one field whereas in GTS you have two fields(Commodity, HTS) for the same material where you can maintain for the product.

Please find the link below for better understanding of the concept....

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6030d60c-4a7f-2c10-0da2-e49d326b1...

Regards,

Shiva

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabu,

The error message is due to a customising error. You need to assign the Numbering Scheme to your Legal Regulation. For Commodity Codes, that's done in SPRO: SAP Global Trade Services > General Settings > Numbering Schemes > Assign Numbering Scheme of Commodity Codes for Customs Processing.

I think your other questions have already been answered, but please ask if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

The info given by Shiva is correct. You can only transfer commodity codes to ECC which is again a two step process and a BADI for re-transfer needs to be activated.

1. First re-transfer from GTS (check system monitoring menu)

2. In ECC go to GTS plugin under master data tab : execute the re-transfer commodity codes to feeder system.

This way the commodity code which is mentioned in GTS gets updated for the specific material for which classification needs to be done at GTS end at FT view of material master (export/import). There is only one field available there each for export and import.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

this is very good information.

i have a question regarding this. If we dont want the commodity codes or HTS codes which are getting retransfered from GTS to r/3 nto to go to the material master but to be there on the documents only such as delivery and billing , what should be done , is it possbile to update the reference documents on R/3 such as delivery and billing with the classfication data ? if so what can be done ?

ultimate thing we want to be done is to have the commodity or HTS code to be appearing in the EDI output to be sent to customer.

but should not be updated into the material master .

please suggest me

thanks

Bharad

christin_angus
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Bharad,

this is not possible in standard GTS.

Best regards,

Christin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharad,

Cristin is correct - not possible in standard GTS.  However, in ECC, it is possible to modify the forms printing routine to perform a Remote Function Call (RFC) to GTS to request the tariff code from the Order or Delivery customs document in GTS.  Do not select it from the master data because the code on the customs document will be the correct code resulting from determination routines within the correct validity dates.  The same is possible for collecting ECCN and/or export license numbers if the customer wants to print those on their Invoice documents out of ECC (or even non-SAP feeder systems).  In the print routine, the best practice (for trade compliance) would be to abort the printout if those codes are not existing on the customs document in GTS at time of RFC into GTS.

Doing it this way improves compliance and should not involve heavy regression testing in the SD or FI modules; only with the print functions.

Cheers,

Greg Futrelle