SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Deposit Acount Determination

former_member316563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When the security deposit request is paid by using Payment lot or Payment run the GL account reflecting in the entry is the bank clearing account. How do I post to the Security Deposit Accont GL ?

In EK02 I have maintained the relevant GL but the same is not determined in the payment entry.

Please advice.

Thanks

Satyajeet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

Security deposit request are statistical in nature.

When a SD request line item is posted in FI-CA, it does not have any impact in FI-GL.

FI-CA:Statistical entry in customer A/c

FI-GL: No entry

However, when a payment against the same comes, the following entry happens-

Bank A/c Dr

To Bank Clearing A/c

Bank Clearing A/c Dr

To Consumer Security Deposit A/c

The Consumer Security deposit A/c is maintained in EK01 against the main transaction for SD.

Moreover, you can maintain the main\sub for SD in posting area 1010 with clearing restriction 2 so that invoice raised on the account does not gets cleared by the security deposit payment.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

Security deposit request are statistical in nature.

When a SD request line item is posted in FI-CA, it does not have any impact in FI-GL.

FI-CA:Statistical entry in customer A/c

FI-GL: No entry

However, when a payment against the same comes, the following entry happens-

Bank A/c Dr

To Bank Clearing A/c

Bank Clearing A/c Dr

To Consumer Security Deposit A/c

The Consumer Security deposit A/c is maintained in EK01 against the main transaction for SD.

Moreover, you can maintain the main\sub for SD in posting area 1010 with clearing restriction 2 so that invoice raised on the account does not gets cleared by the security deposit payment.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Amlan

0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

"Moreover, you can maintain the main\sub for SD in posting area 1010 with clearing restriction 2  so that invoice raised on the account does not gets cleared by the security deposit payment."

Is there any reason why this restriction in PA1010 would be a good choise? My current client has this restriction in place, but so far I can't find a business scenario where this restriction applies.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Juan Carlos

0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Yes there is a reason why clearing restriction is placed on other items like SD aswell -

scenario is - Say some maintenance work needs to be done at a premise, and before we perform maintenance h a down payment request will be made upfront and later once the actual SD receivable is posted  it will clear the down payment automatically.

thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Juan Carlos:

I think that there is a misstatement here.  1010 is only for the statistical postings.  I think Amlan meant to say that you can maintain an entry in PA 1010 for the interest on deposit, and if the restrction code is set then you will not allow the interest to clear.  In that way you are posting it but leaving it until the deposit is released when the deposit plus interest will be provided to the customer.  Some customers want to calculate and accrue the interest but not release it to the customer, and that is done via these settings.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thank you Vikram & Thank you Bill!