cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ20 PerformanceAttributes not saved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a SolMan system being used for monitoring file and processes.

The problem is when i change the threshold values (in CCMS : performance attribute) of an individual MTE, these changes are not saved.

When i restart the server where the sapccmsr client is installed (or restart the service sapccmsr itself), all the performance attributes are reset to default and all my monitoring customization is lost.

However, i noticed that all the changes i have made are saved in RZ21>MTE-Specific properties. It create a new MTE in this list each time I rechange the threshold values when the server restart.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english

Aurelien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First you make your varient as the active varient and do the changes of the MTEs then restart chk

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

So ..

I have created and activated my variant and do the changes of the MTE's (Edit>Properties>Use for individual MTE and I have modified the threshold values) then restart the service.

After that, In the "Additionnal info" tab of the MTE's properties, i see the correct variant but just below there is "Values were created automatically and should be checked"

And the values in the PerformanceAttributes tab are not corrrect (they are assigned from a default group).

Thank you for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i wonder , sinve your addition info tab shows the newly assigned varient. But the performance attributes shows old value

seems some where it getting the values?I assume its taking from MTE customizing groups

in performance attribute tab it self there is "Performance properties assigned from group" there you able to see some group name is t?

then check the value for the group name, if there change the value for the specific group.

Please try.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's taking these values from MTE customizing groups (the default one, in my case : CG_ConfProcessResSize). If I change the values for this specific group and restart the service, the values are saved correctly.

But in my case, i don't want these values to be taken from a group, if is it possible, i'd rather set different values for each individual MTE (by Edit>Properties>Use for individual MTE).

A possible solution may be to create a different group for each MTE i want to monitor ?

Thank you for your help

Edit : Addiionnal info : when i change the active variant, the values are changed correctly with the values defined in each variant. The problem is only when the service SAPCCMSR is restarted, default values are set.

Edited by: Adixen KU on Feb 14, 2011 4:39 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In SAP the all the properties of the MTE saved as property varient, Normally if you change the properties in using RZ20, that saved with the active property varient.

but if you do it via RZ21 then you can choose the property varient which you want to take (set of MTEs), once had done you can change the value and make that as the active varient,you could see the list of property varient in RZ21,properties section

Properties assigned to MTE classes

Properties assigned to attribute groups

MTE-specific properties

under "property varient" > display overview. Choose the varient and change the status. Make that varient as active.

restart the service and check again. The varient should be the one which you set as active while change.

the step by step guide is below [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/12/49e54f427c3247b9a65cef77288d69/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/12/49e54f427c3247b9a65cef77288d69/content.htm]

Please try

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a variant in RZ21 and it contains all the properties and threshold values needed.

I also activated this variant in RZ21 with the guide you gave.

But when i restart the service SAPCCMSR on the server (which is a non SAP server BTW), the values displayed are valid for variant SAP-DEFAULT and not for the variant I created/activated.

In "MTE-specific properties" I also see all the threshold values I have set with my new variant.