0 Kudos

Hi ,

is it possible to change text of standard SAP Domain . Example

there is a standard Domain STOP_TYPE .

For Fixed Values

B : Start of Trip

Y : End of Trip

N: Additional Destination

suppose i want if Fixed value is B : Text should be Start of Journey .

How can i change this .

Regards,

Madhvika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can add a fixed value append as a modification free enhancement but you can not change the existing descriptions without modification. One trick you might try is translation (from the domain: Goto->Translation). You can set the original and target language to the same. If you overwrite an SAP delivered translation, it is still technically a modification and will be overwritten in the next upgrade/support package; however the change via translation might be easier to manage over time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for yopur reply . i am able to change text like that .

Can you please tell me how can i include this translation in a transport request . So that can be transported in different system.

Also can you please help me with my question in above post. Can i create a explicit enhancement point at place in program i mentioned .

chnaging text via translation will have no use to me if i cant transfer these across system

Regards,

Madhvika

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Translations can be transported. Here is the help document link on the subject:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/3e/c06e08fe4f11d3b2a3005004ed1ff7/frameset.htm

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Can i create a explicit enhancement point at place in program i mentioned .

You can create a source code enhancement at the beginning or end of any form routine - therefore it should be possible to create the enhancement you describe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

Even i had referred same link for creating transport request for translation .Pasting it

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/d4/73c33e3a443907e10000000a114084/content.htm

Problem is solved . Awarding full points to you . Many Thanks

Regards,

Madhvika

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can edit it by using the Access key.

but if that is not possible you can make the changes in your web dynpor aaplication.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But we donu2019t want to go via access key.

My requirement is to change the text that comes in FITE_VC_ITINERARY >> itinerary view >> Layout Tab >> Table Column Event in Itinerary

Table column is binded to a field STOP_TYPE_TXT which is from structure PTRV_WEB_ITINERARY_EXT .

The code to read the text from domain STOP_TYPE into filed STOP_TYPE_TXT is written in program PTRA_WEB_GLOBAL_ITINERARY.

Below is the piece of code

-

• Start of reading description for names

• Read description for STOP_TYPE_TEXT

PERFORM read_name_domtext USING p_language

'STOP_TYPE'

lwa_verlauf-stop_type

CHANGING lwa_itinerary-stop_type_text.

-

Now in this program I want to change STOP_TYPE domain with my own domain created with descriptions that I want.

Could you please help with above details is it possible to change this piece of code via explicit enhancement.

Regards,

Madhvika

Edited by: Madhvika Joshi on Feb 14, 2011 8:25 AM