cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating MIME folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Referring to this [help document|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/46/bb183eab4811d4968100a0c94260a5/content.htm ]

We are trying to create a Mime folder according to the text from Help u201CIf you want to create a folder for a Web Dynpro application, you can do this in the /SAP/BC/WebDynpro/[namespace]/PUBLICu201D

In our system I see only /SAP/BC/WebDynpro/CIVBS but there is no Public folder, we are not able to create any folder from this point. Is it a bug or are we missing some authorization for this?

PS: CIVBS is our namespace.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I donu2019t believe that this help document is correct. There is a public folder in the /SAP/ namespace, but it on the same level as all the other web Dynpro application folders. There is no Public folder in any of the other namespaces unless someone would explicitly create it.

What kind of MIME folder do you want to create? You should automatically have a mime folder matching the name of your Web Dynpro component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

What we want to do is to migrate out help (htm files) files from KM to our mime folders for WebDynpro ABAP applications.

We are able to upload plain html files to our Webdynpro components, however existing html files are referring folder structure inside. For example

Fnctblsbrupd.html file has a link to u201Csrc=/resources/images/ToDo.jpgu201D

Here resources->images are folders.

We are not able to create folders in /SAP/BC/WebDynpro/CIVBS/wdc_images

Ideally we would like to have folders per namespace /SAP/BC/WebDynpro/CIVBS , /SAP/BC/WebDynpro/CIVMO etc.

Is there a workaround or solution for this ?

Thanks.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>We are not able to create folders in /SAP/BC/WebDynpro/CIVBS/wdc_images

Really? I just tested in my system and I was able to go to the MIME repository, find the existing fold for my Web Dynpro Component, right mouse click and choose Create->Folder. I was able to nest folders several deep. The only difference from the help document is that there is no /public/ folder in the path. I'm creating folders directly within my WD Component folder. Is this what you are wanting do? And not able to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> >We are not able to create folders in /SAP/BC/WebDynpro/CIVBS/wdc_images

>

> Really? I just tested in my system and I was able to go to the MIME repository, find the existing fold for my Web Dynpro Component, right mouse click and choose Create->Folder. I was able to nest folders several deep. The only difference from the help document is that there is no /public/ folder in the path. I'm creating folders directly within my WD Component folder. Is this what you are wanting do? And not able to do?

Hi Thomas,

You got it, i am not getting the context menu for creating folder, however i see a menu "sorting sub folders".

Is this something to do with authorization ?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It could be authorizations.

From the MIME Repository view of SE80 when I right mouse click on a WD Component folder, I get the following options:

Create -> Folder

Create -> MIME Object

Import MIME Objects

Properties

Object Directory Entry

Other Functions->Change Package Assgnmt

Other Functions->Write Transport Entry

Other Functions->Version Management

Other Functions->Generate Version

Other Functions->ExpirationTime Client Cache

Other Functions->Sort Sub-Folders

Services->Print

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I get only this .

> Properties

> Object Directory Entry

> Other Functions->Change Package Assgnmt

> Other Functions->Write Transport Entry

> Other Functions->Version Management

> Other Functions->Generate Version

> Other Functions->Sort Sub-Folders

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That would seem authorization related to me at first pass since you are missing both the create folder and the options to import or create new content.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Any idea on which authorization ?. Where i can find more information on that ?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No. I have SAP_ALL in my systems, so I don't really run into authorizations often. I would suggest an authorization trace. I also find that brining a nice hot cup of coffee to your security administrator and sweet talking them often works wonders.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also have SAP_ALL but even i am not getting that option of creating folder for the namespace folders

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Your correct. When I right mouse click on a folder within a namespace these options are missing. When I do the same option within a folder inside of the SAP namespace I get all the options. Very strange and it seems a bit like a bug to me - unless there are namespace specific options that aren't documented. I checked and the namespace in question is marked as modifiable in the transport configuraiton settings.

As a workaround I might suggest creating your folder structures in /SAP/PUBLIC/ if the content doesn't need to be web dynpro component specific. Otherwise I would suggest that you open a support ticket on the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas and Saarbjeet,

I am just retuning from my basis people who had the authorization SAP_ALL. It didn't work either as you guys confirmed.

we have created a folder in /sap/public/wd4a

i have also created woman.jpg

I have also created directory civbs and a jpg file like sap/public/wd4a/civbs/man.jpg

When i create two images and bind the source property to

/sap/public/wd4a/woman.jpg

/sap/public/wd4a/civbs/man.jpg

it is not working, i get only red X sign.

Do we have to create any service or handlers for this ?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I forgot. You won't be able to use SAP/Public since you are on a "customer" system. Only SAP Internal systems can use SAP/PUBLIC.

I guess that leaves you with the approach to open a ticket or to create a single dummy WD Component in the SAP Namespace (a Z or Y component so it is still in the customer naming section) and then subfolders there.

Answers (0)