cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel advances per special g/l indicator - activate HRV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all experts!

I'm on an assignment where the customer wants to change the procces of travel expense advances. Today, the advance is debited on a short term asset account and credit the vendor account. The advance is paid out to the employee and the payment is debited the vendor account. The actual trip expenses is debited a cost account and credit the vendor account. If the trip expenses is lower than the travel expense advance, there will be a debet post on the vendor balance. This way of handling the surplus of cash advance makes it more difficult to analyze and settle the surplus of the employee.

The customer wants to follow up the cash advance by special g/l indicator. I have search for how to make this field available in the tables of Travel management where You define the assigment to symbolic accounts in Travel management to accounts in Financial accounting.

There is a procedure called HRV trip costs posting Advances which would enable this.

How do You activate this procedure in the IMG?

Best regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I got an answer from SAP that HRV procedure with special g/l indicator was not correct and was therefore removed from release 4.6C. It is not supported by SAP but there is a modification available. The standard scenarios in Financial Accounting->Travel Management ->Travel expenses->Technical basis of Travel Management-<Concept on advance entry.

Br Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eva,

Please kindly refer to the following link with regards to the Special GL indicator:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/SpecialGLIndicator

Regards,

Raynard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raynard!

Many thanks for Your reply!.

As I understand from the linked information, standard SAP does not include the use of special g/l indicators regarding cash advance in Travel Expenses/travel Management. The procedure HRV is not anymore valid for this purpose. Right?

The feature TRVCT, is that a BADI?

Best regards Eva