cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requesting users for bidding in EBP systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I have doubt on the below scenarios.

If you refer the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/f7/2df2377a044c16e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

the bidders and vendors can request for registration. This triggers an approval work item for the responsible purchaser (defined in the workflow agent). On clicking the approval tasks, the system takes the purchaser to 'Manage Business Partner' screen to create a business partner and user for contact person.

Now, the potential suppliers also can request for registration through ROS system in SRM.

Below are my queries:

1) What are the best practices for a supplier to register themselves in SRM system of their customers?

2) Could you please help me to understand the case study of the two ways of supplier registration? If I refer to any e-tendering site for public sector unit, I can see a link for registration. The link for registration is from SRM system ( as mentioned in the first case) or from ROS system.

One point I understand is that going for ROS in one's landscape will only increase TCO (Total cost of Ownership) for a customer.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The help document is for requesting "additional bidders" in "existing suppliers" (not new suppliers).

"ROS" is for "new suppliers" registration. It is different purpose/usage.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Now, lets take a take scenario here. The SRM system does not have ROS client in their landscape. They have published a Public RFQ in their portal.

Now, number of new suppliers or bidders visit the portal and intend to submit bid for the public RFQ. But, when they login to the system, they use guest login to see the tender or bid invitation. Now, how they intimate the buyer from the customer side that they need login to the SRM system to bid for the RFQ?

Does any workflow takes care of it where the new bidders submit all information from their side and on approval from purchaser, the system creates a business partner in the SRM system (the way the purchaser creates manually a BP in 'Manage Business Partner).

Please, donot take into the consideration of SRM 7 Enhpk 1 where Bidding has also been moved to SUS.

Thanks in advance,

Ranjan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Which version of SRM are you using?

Regards,

Nikhil