Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question : SAP xMII 11.5 Servlet Exec Stack / Unresponsive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP xMII Master,

I need your suggestion and assist.

Since migrated from Lighthammer Illuminator 10.0 to SAP xMII 11.5, we frequently having problem Servlet Exec stack/unresponsive and looks like hang. If happened, fast solution usually to restart the services of Servlet Exec and situation will back to normal. But, there will happen again and until now we don't know what the root cause.

ServletExec.log is clean for error messages. We already tried increase xml memory up to 1.5 GB. But, there not much help.

Please for any suggestion to resolve those problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume you meant the JVM when referring to the 1.5 GB.

Can you provide the version of MII, java version, and OS on which your system is installed? Also is there any particular transaction or application running when it hangs?

What types of applications do you have running?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thank for your response.

Currently we using SAP xMII 11.5 with ServeletExec AS New Atlanta 5.0.0.09 version and powered by JDK 1.4.2_13, running on Windows 2003 Standard Edition IIS 6.0

Yesterday, my staff tried running Servlet on console mode to catch what exactly error messages before crash.

And below the result before servlet crash

#

1. An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine

#

1. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x656033f2, pid=10064, tid=16192

#

1. Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.2_13-b06 mixed mode)

2. Problematic frame:

3. C 0x656033f2

#

1. An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid10064.log

2. If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

3. http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

#

The type of application we are using are not complicated. We using SAp xMII to retrieve information from OSISOFT PI Historian. There are standard HTML.

Edited by: Heru.Suprihanto on Feb 16, 2011 11:47 PM

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You've looked in the servletexec log, but have you been through the cms.log or cmssysstats.log files in the C:\Lighthammer\Logs directory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your advise.

I have looked cms.log, nothing strength error found on there. Mostly error mesages is

"[JCO.ServerThread-1] ERROR SERVER-EXCEPTION - [null,null,null,] com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (129) JCO_ERROR_SERVER_STARTUP: Server startup failed at Tue Feb 15 06:36:15 SGT 2011.

This is caused by either a) erroneous server settings, b) the backend system has been shutdown, c) network problems. Will try next startup in 256 seconds.

Missing -a<Program ID>"

For cmssysstats.log, I frequently found FreeMem 445 Kb [0 MB]

2011-02-15 17:40:59,290 [JavaStat] SYSTEM Stats - [MaxMem=1065484 Kb [1065 Mb],TotMem=14475 Kb [14 Mb],FreeMem=445 Kb [0 Mb],AvailProc=8,Threads=107,ThreadGrps=1]

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you verify that the UDS connection to OSIsoft's historian are active? What version of OSIsoft PI are you using? What version/release/service pack of UDS are you using to connect to the historian?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

We using UDS 2.5.0.4 and OSISOFT PI 3.4

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may also want to take a look at the UDS logs. There may be additional insight into the cause of the errors.

Regards,

Mike