Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding External Jar files

former_member196418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have successfully created and deployed a portal application project (par file) that required adding as an external jar the file com.sap.portal.usermanagementapi.jar. Now I am re-doing the project as a development component in NWDI and I can add the external jar file fine and the source code shows no errors. However as soon as I build the DC I get a source error that says the import to com.sap.ip.portal.service.ume.IUserManagementEngine can not be resolved. If I go back to the java build path the usermanagementapi.jar is no longer there.

Do I have to handle the adding of external jar files in a different way for a DC as opposed to a par project?

Thanks,

Bert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jeff-Gebo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

yes, you must do this differently for DCs. What you need to do is create an external library DC, load the com.sap.portal.usermanagementapi.jar into the libraries directory of this DC, then right click on it and select Development Component > Add to Public Part - add it as an API type public part (first radio button). Now, form the your Portal App DC, make a usage dependency to this external library DC. This should solve your problem.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to Jeff's comment, do not forget to define a SharingReference to usermanagement in your portalapp.xml.

former_member196418
Participant
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Exactly how do I make a "usage dependency" to the external library DC?

Thanks,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/da/92036e9dcb164c8cf1fba50a0cfbf5/frameset.htm

It's the same for 04 and 04s, just use one of the Inactive/Active/Local DCs views in the developer studio.

Regards,

Marc

MartyMcCormick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello-

This guide outlines what others have said and walks you through the steps exactly.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/194bdc4f-0901-0010-82ba-bf7...

Hope it helps,

Marty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the similar problem, adding external jar to the web module DC. I understand i need to create External DC and proceed from there. I have netweaver dev studio 2.0.9. This doesn't have the External DC option when creating the DC. Is there something i am missing? What dev studio version i need to create this external DC? Please help. Thanks - sowmiya r

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sowmiya,

SP12 or higher is required for External Libraries

Regards

Sidharth

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marty,

Thanks for the great guide. This would be a great starting point for the all Ext Lib related questions.

It would also help if the moderator of the forum put the guide at the top for others to see.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for you help sidharth.

i have now jar files in the server and the application referring to the jar files. everything is deployed fine. however, when i start the application..i get the error -"package jcifs.smb does not exist". the jar i am using is jcifs-1.2.7.jar. in my web module when i expand the jar i see the package and the .class files inside. what am i missing?

Also, i din't define a SharingReference to usermanagement in portalapp.xml as i am working towards a pure j2ee enterprise application. the web module (DC) referes to the jar files. is there any step similar to defining the sharing reference for the web module DC?

please help. thanks - sowmiyar