cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgement and deadline monitoring in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing a RFC>BPM>HTTP async interface. The requirement is to have an acknowledgement with in a certain time and raise an error and send an e-mail in case of not receiving the ack in specified time.

I am thinking that I should use the transport ack and set up a block step to specify the time (dead line monitoring).

Please pour in your opinions and corrections to this approach and give me your guide lines to achieve this requirement.

Thanks

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

HTTP adapters support Best Effort and are Synchronous.

SO, you can have a SEND SYNCHRONOUS STEP in your BPM and you can have a DEADLINE BLOCK around this SEND SYNCHRONOUS step .

Deadline Monitoring,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c5/582541019fa52fe10000000a155106/content.htm

Example : Deadline monitoring for a response message,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ca/7c5c41fe06cf1ee10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thanks for the reply. So, you mean to say that I cannot use the HTTP adapter for async interface. Is it correct?

In such case, do I need to use async-sync bridge? Does the receiver (external Weblogic server in my interface) need to send a response message back to the Integration process?

I have set up the aync BPM interface and had a block around the SEND step and set up the deadline branch to it (for 5 mins). I also included the CONTROL step with in the dead branch, so that I assume that an alert will be raised if the SEND step is not completed successfully in 5 minutes.

Please clarify.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>So, you mean to say that I cannot use the HTTP adapter for async interface. Is it correct?</i>

No.You can make an Asynch call using the HTTP adapter. Instead of a Synch Interface, make sure you use an Aycnh Interface and it will be an Aysnch call.

<i>I have set up the aync BPM interface and had a block around the SEND step and set up the deadline branch to it (for 5 mins). I also included the CONTROL step with in the dead branch, so that I assume that an alert will be raised if the SEND step is not completed successfully in 5 minutes</i>

Looks perfect to me..!! If you give the end to end scenario, maybe we can see if an alternative is available.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thanks again.

My interface has RFC Sender adapter to receive the control recipe download response. I have receiver HTTP adapter on the other end, which will send the message to the weblogic server through http address.

As this is time sensitive interface, the team wanted to have alerts sent to them in case of a failure and with in a time frame. I have to send this message across to weblogic server using http. In any case, the BPM could not send the message to weblogic server, an alert need to be sent.

With my writing on this interface in my previous post, I would think the control step will be executed if the SEND step (sending the message from intergration process to the weblogic server using http adapter) could not complete in 5 minutes.

I also specified the TRANSPORT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. I don't know how to receive this ack. And also I would like to know how to send an ack from the HTTP receiver adapter (which is required to receive this ack in IP).

Please let me know if this approach is feasible and if it needs any corrections.

Thanks

Kalyan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I also specified the TRANSPORT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. I

> don't know how to receive this ack. And also I would

> like to know how to send an ack from the HTTP

> receiver adapter (which is required to receive this

> ack in IP).

You need not do anything special. The HTTP adapter sends an ack message automatically, when requested and no error occurs and the BPM simply waits until the ack message arrives before it proceeds with the next steps.

But be aware that a transport acknowlegdement is no garantee that the application has posted the message successfully. If you want to be sure about that, the receiver has to send a seperate message back to the BPM.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Thanks much for your answer. It helped me.

Kalyan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>With my writing on this interface in my previous post, I would think the control step will be executed if the SEND step (sending the message from intergration process to the weblogic server using http adapter) could not complete in 5 minutes.

I also specified the TRANSPORT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. I don't know how to receive this ack. And also I would like to know how to send an ack from the HTTP receiver adapter (which is required to receive this ack in IP). <i>

Like mentioned by Stefan, using Transport Acks is not a guarantee . You can ask the other system to send an Acknowledgemtne back to the BPM also called as Application Ack.

You will have a send Synchrnous step ith application acknowlegement request. If the request times out, then you can send al alert rtc.

Just use SEND SYNCHRONOUS with App Ack if the application is willing to send back an Ack else use transport Ack which will only ensure that the messge has bee posted to the final target.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thats a good suggestion about Ack. I have different question popped up on this interface. I have to process the messages in sequential order. What is the easy way to achieve this?

This means that if M1 has a problem, M2 and M3 should wait until M1 is processed successfully before sending M2 and M3. Is this the general behaviour of XI or Do we need to use some other step in BPM?

In case of a failure, Can we manually select the messages to release them in the order?

Please help me with this new requirement.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

If I have to use SEND Sync, do I need to use async-sync bridge? The response (ack) will come back to the integration process, right?

Thanks

Kalyan