Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Org unit doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please could you help clarify / confirm :

1. Shipping point and Loading Point : I know the definitions but unclear about the assignment part.

Am I right to say

- Shipping point is Not Assigned to Loading Point. assignment not applicable.

- Loading Point is Assigned to Shipping Point. m:1

- Shipping point is divided into m Loading points.

- Loading GROUP is Assigned to Shipping point (by virtue of the formula)

2. Loading point is not the Loading group.

3. Distribution Chain = Distribution Center = Plant (physical building wise)

4. Plant is dependent on DC. Does this mean Plant is assigned to DC or vice versa?

5. Sales office is assigned to Sales Area. But does this mean also Sales Office is assigned to Sales Org (by virtue that sales area contains the sales org)?

6. What determines what can be or is assigned to another unit or not?

regards

M Russo

Edited by: Mirella Russo on Feb 14, 2011 7:17 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Shipping point and Loading Point : I know the definitions but unclear about the assignment part.

Am I right to say

- Shipping point is divided into m Loading points.

- Loading GROUP is Assigned to Shipping point (by virtue of the formula)

Yes .shipping point is not assigned to loading points.

Shipping point , Loading group, shipping condition , plant assignment happens in view V_TVSTZ.

Yes, You are right here. Loading point is not the loading group.

for last questions refer

Best Regards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

I have read the link you provided. Lots of info there.

To help me close this thread, kindly confirm this conclusion is correct:

Plant in a Cross company code situation:

1. No Distribution Channel is involved in the assignment.

2. the only assignment in this case is Plant of cocode 1 is Assigned to Sales Org of cocode 2.

3. Thus, its not valid statement to say Plant of cocode 1 is Assigned to Sales Org of cocode 2 + Distribution Channel of any of the cocodes.

cheers!

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will give you one more thread to refer Cross company scenario's. The level of complexity here is more.

Refer

Plant in a Cross company code situation:

1. No Distribution Channel is involved in the assignment.

2. the only assignment in this case is Plant of cocode 1 is Assigned to Sales Org of cocode 2.

3. Thus, its not valid statement to say Plant of cocode 1 is Assigned to Sales Org of cocode 2 + Distribution Channel of any of the cocodes.

Assume Comp1 and Comp2 have respective plant PL1(supplying) and PL2(receiving)

SALES area1 : SL1/DC1/DIv1 and Sales area2 : SL2/DC2/Div2

Now in STO custimzation for plant PL1(Supplying) you will assign the reciving plant (PL2) and sales area1 i.e SL1/DC1/Div1.

this sales area is assignment is later used by customer/recing plant for intercompant billing.

So please check your scenario. yes in (Point2&3) its not a valid stmt.

Best Regards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nisha,

Allow me to clarify. I am just referring to a cross company code in general and not specfically STO .

The SAP material says , quote,

"A sales organization can also sell products supplied by a plant that is assigned to a different company code (inter-company sales processing)" The diagram does not show Distribution channel at all.

From this statement, we know that Plant 1 of company code 1 is Assigned to company code 2.

So , we have :

Company 1 : Plant 1 , Sorg 1, DC 1

Company 2 : Plant 2 , Sorg 2, DC 2

From this situation,

I just trying to confirm if

Plant 1 is Assigned to Sorg 2 OR

Plant 1 is Assigned to Sorg 2 + DC 2 OR

Plant 1 is Assigned to Sorg 2 + DC 1

My doubt is purely only this :

I am not sure in cross company situation, Plant 1 is assigned to Sorg only or Must add the DC in the assignment and if so, DC of Which Company code?

Thanks very much.

M Russo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shipping point is determined by : Shipping conditionsLoading groupplant

Shipping point is assigned to one or more plant and subdivided into several loading points.(with regard to you question- Shipping point is divided into m Loading points.)

Storage Location is like subdivision of plant as we store material here and therefore we assign S.Loc to plant.

At the determination of shipping point the loading group is picked from the material master, sales :General/Plant

Shipping conditions from:Customer master under sales area data in shipping(eg: manual, fork lift etc) and this is with regard to your part of question (- Loading GROUP is Assigned to Shipping point (by virtue of the formula)

So rather shipping point is assigned to plant and plant to company code.

Yes, Loading point is not the loading group:

A loading point is a subdivision of a shipping point. Loading point is the place where you have staged the picked materials for shipping whereas Loading Group is a grouping of materials that have the same loading requirements eg: manual, crane, fok lifts etc.

No it is not correct. Distribution chain is something from the different out lets the same material could be sold for eg: Walmart in U.S, ASDA in U.K, or titan show room in India.

Distribution center is in perticular to one place I suppose.

Plant is the place where manufacturing of goods and storage takes place. Can you imagine In a shopping mall a factor is located ?

4. Plant is dependent on DC. Does this mean Plant is assigned to DC or vice versa?

No : Plant is not DC, and plant is assigned to company code . There could be an out let in a plant but still i.e maintained in the by the sales organisation as the all revenue or marketing is taken care by sales organisation not the plant worker.

5. Sales office is assigned to Sales Area. But does this mean also Sales Office is assigned to Sales Org (by virtue that sales area contains the sales org)?

In one way it is correct. I say an example.

Merck is a pharmaceutical company whose headquarter is in Mumbai in India. It has several sales offices accross India and each sales office has several sales people (sales group)

although sales group is assigned to sales offices directly and they are completely answerable for all the targets and sales in there areas for there office.

Let me tell you Sales area is the combination of =Sales organisationDistribution channelDivision.

6. What determines what can be or is assigned to another unit or not?

Yes some times you might not assign something directly but while in determination it plays vital role. for eg: Plant is determined by customer mastermaterial mastercustomer material info records, and here just concentrate , have you assigned plant to customer master any where ? you would say No. then how did it come , it take the data from those tables.

I suggest you to understand them more clearly, you need to understand the tables. The logic behind the many thing s in SAP is the field which are in those tables and when you try to retrieve something the programmes are so written that , they collect data from each field and process them all and thats how you see the end result on your screen.

Thanks,

Saplinx