Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Testing - Upgrade 4.6c to ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning the security testing for an upgrade to ECC 6.0 from 4.6c and need to decide whether to perform a full review of all our existing security roles, which is quite labour intensive, or to focus only on a few of the common ones and identify and fix the remaining authorization errors as they come up during training and integration testing.

Are other upgrades are encountering lots of little authorization changes or are there relatively few. Our main modules are FI/CO, PS, MM, SD.

Thanks

Jim

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

topic is in some respects similar to your question.

Perhaps it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I hav ejust read your message regarding Security issues when upgrading from 4.6c to ECC6.0. We are due to go through the same upgarde shortly. We have a number of 'Z' roles which we have created, do these get copied across to the upgraded client with the same values. Are there any other issues we will need to consider, we have the following modules installed. FI/CO, MM, SD, PM

Regards

Simon

0 Kudos

Simon

I have the same questions, We are going through the same upgrade and I have not been able to find an answer to your same Question? Did you ever get an answer? if not, how did you validate without testing each role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jim my technical team can help on professional basis. You can contact me at ....

(contact details deleted by Forum Moderator, see also next post)

Message was edited by: Kristian Lehment, Forum Moderator

0 Kudos

Hi Anupam Kad,

The purpose of this forum is to discuss SAP solutions and related technical issues. It is not intended for advertisements, solicitations, or commercial purposes. Please refrain from posting such messages in the future. For more information about acceptable use of the forums, please see the Terms of Use.

Best regards,

Your SDN Forum Moderator

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have embarked on an upgrade from 4.5B to 6.0 and found the security process to be very labor intensive. Our roles are country (company) specific but I don't believe we have a complicated setup. There are new T-Codes being introduced but the real issue we are facing is that we are touching roles multiple times because testing keeps uncovering more necessary changes. When we touch the role it throws all those recommended objects from SU24 back into the role and we have to selectively remove the unwanted objects.

I am currently searching for alternative methods to updating our security, because it seems like the way we are approaching it is just to time consuming.

Does anyone had a better, less labor intensive solution to the security upgrade?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos

Jeffery, donot delete the unwanted objects.... make them inactive ... the next time you need to change the system will not re-introduce the inactive objects.

regards,

rob

0 Kudos

Hello,

Please confirm.

Does the upgrade introduce new auth_objects into the customer name space roles?!

Regards,

Afzaal.