cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message content is not reaching receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario : SOAP-RFC Sync

I verified all the design and configuration objects including sender and receiver CC.

The strange problem is

1. When this scenario is being triggered from Third party application (at sender) or using Altova XML Spy the message content is not reaching BAPI (This was confirmed by breakpoint on FM) and an empty response is sent back to the sender.

2. When I take the same payload, same MI, NS, Sender Service and send using RWB test message, the message is making it to RFC with full payload(confirmed by the same break point on FM).

Things observed:

1. There is no problem in scenario configuration because the message is succesful via RWB; When sent from thrid party system or tools the complete payload is seen all around the cycle in sender CC monitoring, receiver side...

2. For both cases (from Third party or using RWB) I can see the complete payload in the Adapter engine on the target side. So no where to find out where the actual contents of the message are missing.

3. I tried both the sender URLs, the one formatted while generating WSDL and one from help.sap with CC... Same results both cases in case of (2)

4. I tried this in different PI systems and same problem in both (PI 7.0)

5. This scenario does not have a MM in IR

Please suggest a possible cause.

Thanks

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using this URL format:

http://Host:Port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=&senderService="Sender Business System"&receiverParty=&receiverService=&interface="Out bound service interface"&interfaceNamespace="Sender Interface Namespace"

Regards,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aravind,

If the problem is with the SOAP URL, the message would not reach PI.

As I mentioned in my original message, I could see the all the messages and complete payload with the help of 2 URLs I tried out.

Btw, the URL you mentioned works only with PI 7.0 14 or higher or 7.1

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You have said that you are not using Message Mapping.

I think the payload received by SOAP adapter from third party will not be in valid format for RFC receiver adapter to Call a BAPI.

Regards,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

I sent from Altova XML Spy / thrid party system... then the payload did not reach SAP

in the next step, I have take the same PAYLOAD, MI, NS, SENDER SERVICE from SXI_MONITOR of the above step (sent from III party) and used same in the RWB and it is succesful

FYI, the adapter monitor on the receiver side shows the correct Message.

This could be an issue with ECC box as well, but we cannot confirm the same since RFC does not have a proper monitoring techniques on ECC... so the place to check in the RFC (SE37) with a break point and it does not show payload when sent from Altova and it does show the payload when sent from RWB.

Same configuration scenario is used in both ocassions

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try To change Sender .

Use MS-INFOPATH - 2007 to initate a Webservice data . Or SOAP UI.

Check , whether, they work same way . or different.

and ....

On Receiver Side , Change . The System . in place of RFC , make some thing else . and check. wether then it is working fine or not.

this Can be helpful in debugging .

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the error that you are getting? Can you try the URL that is generated in your WSDL and paste it in IE? This should be in the format of http(s)://hostname:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:communicationchannel, if it is successful, it should give a servlet 200 response. Can you also check the credentials you are using?

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apologies, if I had not made my query clear.

I am trying to say that the complete scenario works fine... no errors in CC or IE or any part of AE

Only while sending from THird party system or tools the message does not carry the payload to SAP... but the receiver AE monitor does show full payload and no error wat so ever in the CC monitoring.

While sending the message from RWB, taking the same payload and other parameters it makes it to SAP with complete payload.

So I am pretty sure I am using the corect URLs.... I said in the original message that I used 2 differnt URLs to verify the issue (one with java port and one with IE port). Please understand that the URLs are fine.

Appreciate your time

Venkat.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you try enabling logging at the Integration Engine level by going to:

1. SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration.

2. Under the RUNTIME category, set the parameter LOGGING_SYNC value to 1(activated).

And then let us know of the results?

*Note: If you are using integrated configuration (you can forget the logging steps mentioned above), there is also no way to view the payload after mapping (in RWB) when using ICO.

Also check your unicode settings in R/3.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Edited by: Mark Dihiansan on Feb 14, 2011 7:09 AM