cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Grouping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am procuring materials under one WBS say A,material is available under this WBS A.

My production process is defined under another WBS B.

Now I want to group the WBS A and B so that when I take MRP for B the required materials are available for prodution process.

How to map this in SAP PS

Please help

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you read the help documentation n given it a try in your sandbox? If not give it a try first, the process is quite simple.

Anyways to get you going, in WBS - A, maintain the grouping indicator. In GRM4, assign WBS-B to the grouping WBS-A.

View the planning in MD04.

If you face any issues revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created two WBS one for production process and one for procurement of raw materials.

Selected WBS grouping indicator in procument WBS and assigned Production wbs using GRM4

I have uploaded stock of raw materials in procurement WBS.

I have assigned the finished product in production WBS.

Now when i Take MRP the availability check shows all materials are available but when i convert the planned order of finished product in production order and confirm it ,the raw material goods movement is failed due to deffecite in stock.

please guide me how can i resolve this problem

Regards

Prashant

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For grouping of WBS following steps are necesary,

1) activate MRP group in your plant

2) Put that MRP group in the material master

3) Put grouping indicator in header wbs

4) group header WBS with chield WBS throgh GRM4

Regards,

Kalpesh

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think WBS Grouping will work for new requirement generation by exploding BOM, where as in your case you have uploaded initial stock.

Please do a transfer posting from procurement WBSE to Production WBSE and create Production order.

Otherwise Please also try to create Order through CO10.

Please also note if you need to group all the requirement at root level WBSE then you can simply tick the check box in the project profile. then system will do it automatically.

Tnx.

Abdul

Answers (0)