Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Dump when Searching Transaction in PFCG Role Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When i go into PFCG and if i serach a Transacion in menu, Iam getting dump with MESSAGE_TYPE_X MESSAGE ID 'CNDP' TYPE 'X' NUMBER 006 RAISING CNTL_ERROR). My role has thousands of transacions in menu and no folders created.

When i tried to search Tcode whihc are in "Display in other levels" whihc were compressed, iam getting the dump.

I have below values in SSM_COL table.

BUBBLE_LOAD_PARAM = 4999

BUBBLE_LOAD_ROOT = 4999

NODE_VAL_LIMIT = 2499

But still iam getting the dump. Please advise the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

I'm going to take the bait and grab my coat for the playground...

I can't write ABAP but those messages do look like an SAP system crying out in pain everytime you try to ask it to check in that role, any chance the number of transactions in it exceed the numbers shown in the dump?

Still - can't mock as my client relishes these roles and SUIM struggles to actually run.

Guessing a more 'normal' sized role is happily reported on?

What I don't understand is how this role was built, was it manually over a long period of time or a data .csv file upload with buggered-about table entries. If the latter then maybe something to re-consider?

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on Feb 13, 2011 4:53 PM

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

this problem can happen also in roles, which do not have so many menu entries.

You can create a trace according to sap note 637844. Propably you get the

1. REPORTING ERROR #############

Invalid key

then you need to remove that menu entry, save, add it again, save.

That should fix the problem.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Problem is because you don't have a menu structure.

The control that paints the menu does not like such long lists of transactions from the root level of the role.

Add a couple of folders and some structure the role, and the dumping will stop.

Users would probably prefer their roles to have a decent structure and any role with that many transactions in it, sounds like security by granting too much access, not having a sensible role design.

You will find it easier to re-create the role, rather than amending what you've got in the role. Use the AGR_TCODES table to get the current transactions in your role if you cannot display / work with the role in PFCG.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

My role has thousands of transacions in menu and no folders created.

>

Hi,

First of all you need to consider the number of TCodes in the role. Are you in development phase of the project?

regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

My role has thousands of transacions in menu and no folders created.

I place my bets on this being a role created from a customizing project (tcode SPRO_ADMIN), in which case it would possibly make more sense to search in the local SPRO than to search in PFCG.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay

Do you have anything to contribute to this thread?

Regards

David