cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Help at element level rather than Node level...

former_member213219
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your inputs on one of the scenario.

I am using the method SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_SET (Sets the fixed values for an attribute) of interface IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO and this allow me to see only the defined values in the dropdown.

Now let say I have 1 node with two element and want to make the valuehelp for one attribute with different-different value in both element.

Example:

Node name is PersonDetails

Attributes are ANREX (Form of address text)

NACHN (Last Name)

VORNA (First Name)

There are two elements PersonalDetails1 (MR , XYZ , XYZ)

and PersonalDetails2 (MRS , ABC , ABC)

Now for the above two elements, value help for 1st Element needs to be (MR / DR) and for second (MRS / MR / MISS).

But the method SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_SET is called at NODE leveel and not at ELEMENT level and so always value help will be of type 2nd element.

You can see this scenario in infotype 0009 in which Payment Method are different for subtype 0 (Main Bank) and

5 (Main bank details for Off-Cycle).

Please let me know if any other information is required.

Thanks,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

One attribute and two value_set would be possible only in dynamic programming. Is it feasible and workable, i doubt on that.

I would attempt to do that only when there are no other options available. You have to go back to your designers to see if they want to re look into this.

But the method SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_SET is called at NODE leveel and not at ELEMENT level and so always value help will be of type 2nd element.

If you use a supply method, you could fill for every element a different value set.

or you could define a node in side your person-details with cardinality 1:1.You could refer coloring a table cell_editor as example.