cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number assignment in document types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN!

Can I confirm that all number assignment in all document types : Sales, Delivery, Billing , are all meaning the same, that is, number range.

I asked because in billing type, there is a Reference document number at header level. I like to confirm it has nothing to do with this.

regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it is different. Once you generate a billing document, you can see two fields at header level tab (a) Reference and (b) Assignment which depends on your VTFL copy control at header level.

Similarly, once you cancel a billing document, in that cancelled document, you can define the system in such a way that what reference should flow there. It could be the PO number, Sale Order etc., In fact, in VOFA, if you execute for your billing type, the fields what you mentioned will come under the tab "Cancellation".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi,

I like to clarify my meaning of 'number assignment' .

I mean the document type configuration has this property called 'number assignment'. In sales doc type, it is there. In Billing doc type it is also shown in the books.

So, to conclude, the number assignment referred to in these 2 doc types are different as you explained and sales doc type and delivery doc type number assignment means number range. But that in Billing doc type means reference and allocation numbers.

regards

Tom

Answers (0)