cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot start 2 "Not yet started" sub-activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are at a TDTIM "start data transfer" .

2 final sub-activities

RSBERRORLOG

X_CSZDORECNO

are in the queue called "Not yet started".

We have tried to start them several times, including the use of "automatic repair". However they are

still in "Not yet started".

Would you please share your experience on this. i.e. how to start them?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

have you already checked that these conversion object are already defined and calculate in DTLMON txn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. This only final table is not calculated.

The background information is as follows:

This is a very big object. To avoid time-out during data selection, we ran this one in sender's bactch mode during data selection.

Therefore this is the ONLY one finished by batch during data selection.

And now this is the only one that cannot be started to transfer -- all other are finished.

Seems that TDMS has trouble to count it as "calculated".

Whenever I try to re-start it, I get a system error:

Transaction Canceled CNV_MBT 326 ( 'Start Data Transfer' 0009 90092 'Data Transfer' )

Perform rollback

Could you please tell how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Try force redefenition ofthe ocnversion object in picture ONLY and then repeat the data selection for this object.

Then check the status in DTLMON .

One question : what Size category you have set for this convresion object for data selection ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have considered about what you said, but I have concerns as follows:

Because of its size I can ONLY set it to large and process in batch. This was what I did last time.

If I do what you recommended, I am repeating the same thing-- therefore TDMS still cannot count it as calculated.

Could you think of any table or txn with which I can manually set it to "calculated"? Because its data selection batch

was successfully done.

On DTLMON, I see that object is marked as "not calculated". But it does to allow me to reset it.

Thanks!

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Because of its size I can ONLY set it to large and process in batch. This was what I did last time.

This is the reason why i asked you about the size category , you can run this particular conversion object for data selection in "batch " mode in TDMS , no issues at all . Only factor is correct size category that will be 'A'.( this can be done via trouble-shooter : Check the trouble shooter for activity 'Start data selection' -> chnage technical settings ->define technical settings -> select size category as "large"(A)-> save and activate).

Now do the force redefinition of conversion object and then data selection.

If I do what you recommended, I am repeating the same thing-- therefore TDMS still cannot count it as calculated.

Not actually , if you process as i suggested the DTLMON and related tables will be updated with the correct status for this conversion object and this will make life easier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry that I did not say clearly prviously.

In my last try, I did exactly as what you said that is choosing "Large (will run as a batch job in sender system)".

That is why it selected succussfully -- all tries before that with dia processess failed with TIMEOUT.

When I check cnvmbtcobj, it is the only one with SizeCat=A.

So if I do it again, perhaps it will end up with the same result.

Please advise.

Thanks!!

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As the conversion object is still not calculated in DTLMON, so you can try once more force re-definition of conversion object and then data selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Try to repeat now, but it takes at least 6 hours to tell.

If this try ends up with the same result, is there any txn to manually set it ?

When I was doing TDMS for ECC, I always made big ones proceesed by batch and never had this issue. This is BI.

Regards,

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If this try ends up with the same result, is there any txn to manually set it ?

In this case create an OSS ticket with SAP in TDMS component