cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload a pdf file containg images and send to sap inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

we have requirement to scan some images and add them to a PDF file.

this pdf sits on our presentation server and we need to upload it using our web dynpro abap application and send a mail as attachment to SAP inbox, where user can also view the PDF file.

PDF file is not an interactive file it is created by our scanner embedding scanned images to it.

image data should not be lost and user accessing sap inbox should be able to view those files.

Thanks & Regards,

Akash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can refer this [link|] for the solution and the ppt attachment in this link provides you more information.

Regards

Arun.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the reply, information was really useful.

but my issue is,

our complete requirement is-

1. We will host an Adobe interactive form on a WDA application.

2. User will fill the Form and attach some other PDF files containing images of receipt.

3. on click of submit we need to send the Read only Filled PDF file to SAP Inbox as attachment with other PDF files with receipt as attachments.

Now, the above process looks quite fisible, but the issue i see some where is with attachment of other PDF files containing images of receipt.

as they wont be created from SAP but would be uploaded by the user.

my question is- how can we attach/store these PDF files containing images of receipt and send them as PDF attachment to SAP inbox.

Please provide a solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Akash

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Do you want to process the entire PDF document or extract the attachement images out of the document? PDF Attachements are not supported on Web Dynpro ABAP until NetWeaver 7.02. At that enhancement package level there are simple APIs which you can call to extra all the attachments to the PDF document out. Until then, it is not possible to extract the attachments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

Thanks for the valuable information, can you please provide any link or a procedure to extract images from PDF and where we can store them in sap and retrieve them when ever we wish.

I would be thankful to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Akash

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>can you please provide any link or a procedure to extract images from PDF

If you are on 7.02, then look at the WD Component DEMO_IFBA_ATTACHMENTS. This demo does exactly what you describe and you can study its source as an example. Once again please note that this is only available as of NetWeaver 7.02 (which is still in ramp-up).

>where we can store them in sap and retrieve them when ever we wish.

That's a completely separate question. Each image will be an XSTRING variable. You can of course store it like any other data. XSTRING data can be written into the database. There are other options as well, like storing in the MIME Repository. You will find many threads here in the forum on storing image data.