cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialize Planning Version Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an active version 000 for a planning area. Now, we have extra one simulation version which has been created for this. For business reasons, we need to copy the data from 000 to simulation version. Version copy is done successfully, and during this phase, I see this version having been there for the planning area.

Now, immediately after the version copy is done, I have initialized the simulation version-ed planning area. And here, the system has thrown the ABAP run-time error with MESSAGE_TYPE_X, and I no more see the simulation version in the created time series objects.

These two steps are happening as part of a chain.

When I re-initialize the PA with my simulation version manually, the step goes fine........ I believe. I cannot do this for some reasons. But why is that so that the initialize PA step as part of the chain is not working. Is there any wrong in the sequence of steps maintained by me?

Because, in Version copy step, first, the entire data is deleted, and I also see the message saying version <name> is deleted, and then the copying is happening. May be I require some expert light here.

Thanks and Regards,

Gurucharan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I am initializing two versions on the same planning area at the same time which is not possible.