cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP Server Socket using Java Proxy (Sender) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirement to listen certain port for third party POS system using TCP/IP Socket. Since there is no standard SAP TCP/IP Socket Adapter. I am planning to develop using Sender Java Proxy.

Please advise whether this approach is workable ? or is there any related blog / forum discuss about Socket Server.

This blog is only for socket client /people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/12/15/socket-integration-with-xi

Thank You and Best Regards

Fernand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want to have minimal effort, you can create a standalone Java program which listens on a port and transforms the incoming tcp/ip stream to an HTTP message, which you can send to SAP PI.

With more effort you can create an TCP/IP adapter by your own, according to JCA architecture.

A sender Java proxy does not have any runnable code itself, so the problem to create a listened is not solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your response, it is great solution. I think i will starting with stand alone java program first.

my last question is that possible to deploy this stand alone program into j2ee engine as EJB for example ? is this common approach ?

Best Regards

Fernand.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An EJB is a peice of software that is called by another program. So this approach will not help you.

Answers (0)