Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chapterid and c form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have got some information in the same forum regarding chapter id and C Form

System considers statuses in customer master data and material master data. Can any body tell me where these statuses are maintained and also let me know configuration steps to display statuses in customer and material master.

Regarding C Form, What is a C form, and where we maintain C form in customer master, if we are maintaining C form data in customer master billing screen in which field we maintain in billing screen.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
What is a C form

Being an old member, please avoid posting such question. You can get answers if you google it.

From SAP point of view, I would like to brief you as follows:-

Chapter id would be maintained in J1ID for the combination of Material code and plant based on which, ED component will come into picture when you create a sale order.

As regards C form, search with same text in google or in this forum so that you will get lot of threads.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks lakshmipathi,

Have searched google before posting regarding CFORM. Since answers are vague and i want to know the process, have posted question

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is nothing much to tell about C-Form. Let us assume you are a manufacturer and seller, selling your goods to a buyer in other state. While doing so, you have to levy tax on that buyer. If the buyer is registered with sales tax authorities, then you have to charge the minimum percent of tax (it would be 4% which may differ from state to state). On the other hand, if the buyer is not a registered dealer with sales tax authorities, then you have to levy full tax which would be 12.50%.

In the above scenario, if you levy concessional tax, then the buyer is suppose to submit Form-C against the invoice you raised. If the buyer is within the state of seller, then it should be treated as local sales and VAT will come into picture.

In SAP, to know how we can address, check this thread

[Re: C FORM|;

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is simple question.

when ever you are selling your goods out of state then that particular state will be asking you to submit a TAX form.

for Eg : VAT 515 has to be submitted when goods are leaving out of KARNATAKA.

this C form is also one of its kind.

in never heard about system status in CMR and MMR.

you will not be finding any indication except you TAX description that he is a C form customer or not.

hope this clears your issue

balajia

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tell us what is your tax procedure configured ? whether it is formula based or condition based ?