Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating POWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create Custom POWL using the following link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60f1d5ee-84ab-2c10-ce97-97dfd89bc...

But in this link for implementing the GET_OBJECTS() method exporting parameter is collected in mt_result table ,for which I am not able to find where it is defined so it's gives an error on Checking Syntax.

Please clarify where it is defined.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not defined by the interface.

You have to define it.

go to the attribute tab and there in a new row type MT_RESULT in the column Attribute.

then press the arrow button present after the fifth column (between associate type and description column).

it will open the private section to declare the attribute.

there modify the line to

data MT_RESULT type table of sflight .

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help.

I was able to proceed further. But now I am getting the following runtime error on testing :

The following error text was processed in the system E75 : Call of a method or kernel Method that has not been implemented

The error occurred on the application server ec7server5_E75_00 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: GET_UPDATED_SELCRIT of program CL_POWL_UTIL==================CP

Method: GET_UPDATED_SELCRIT of program CL_POWL_UTIL==================CP

Method: SET_CURRENT_QUERY of program CL_POWL_MODEL=================CP

Method: INITIALIZE of program CL_POWL_MODEL=================CP

Method: HANDLEDEFAULT of program /1BCWDY/VSY31JSF1FZV67XRTFU1==CP

Method: HANDLEDEFAULT of program /1BCWDY/VSY31JSF1FZV67XRTFU1==CP

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_DELEGATE~WD_INVOKE_EVENT_HANDLER of program /1BCWDY/VSY31JSF1FZV67XRTFU1==CP

Method: INVOKE_EVENTHANDLER of program CL_WDR_DELEGATING_IF_VIEW=====CP

Method: NAVIGATE of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_APPLICATION=====CP

Method: DO_NAVIGATION of program CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CP

Before this I was getting 'Type Conflict when calling the Function Module' error so I changed the line of code as :

FROM: CALL FUNCTION 'POWL_ENCODE_SELPARA' EXPORTING I_SELPARA = LT_QUERY_PARAMS I_ESCAPE = '_line IMPORTING E_SELPARA_STRING = LV_INBOX_QUERY.

TO: CALL FUNCTION 'POWL_ENCODE_SELPARA' EXPORTING I_SELPARA = LT_QUERY_PARAMS I_ESCAPE = '\' IMPORTING E_SELPARA_STRING = LV_INBOX_QUERY.

Please help.

Looking forward to your help.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you added all the parameters to the out plug.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did add those 7 parameters to the Outbound Plug , still it gives me the same error.

Pls help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you please tell me exactly where in your code you get error. is it call to the CALL FUNCTION 'POWL_ENCODE_SELPARA'

or after the fire_out plug ?

i suspect the LV_INBOX_QUERY value which is passed to out bound plug, POWL_UI_COMP throw this error.So try to debug, check once again the if you have followed every instruction correctly in the feeder class implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Vineet is right,

You have to activate all methods of POWL interface and then check.

Please check POWL Wiki,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/POWL

Best regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks it works now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vineetrrakesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

This error is coming up because you have not implemented the method IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_SEL_CRITERIA.

- You need to put at least a blank implementation of all the methods of IF_POWL_FEEDER to avoid dump.

- Check All transactions for POWL Query maintainenece.

Further to that it is good to debug the application and check whether all the parameters passed through the POWL plug are intact, and POWL is able to read the Query settings based on the parameter you have passed.

Regards

Vineet