cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download SAP App with Oracle?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new in SAP. I am going to try brtools to backup SAP. Now I have a few questions.

1. Looks like Brtools only support SAP with Oracle DB, doesn't it? I think yes, but I am not so sure.

2. I could not find any VM Appliance which is SAP with Oracle DB, or any SAP downloadable software. I did find SAP NetWeaver with MaxDB and DB2. However, I need try Brtools, so I need SAP with Oracle. Is anybody help to work it out.

Thank you all so much in advance!

Edgy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you so much for replying my thread and give me hints of br*tools.

I do need SAP with Oracle because I am working on a testing on backup application which is using backint with br*tools.

I checked SAP 'SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD CATALOG', but I could not find any SAP on Linux version without DB2 or MaxDB. Am I right?

Thank you again,

Edgy

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again the note that you will see

- no Oracle download in the "free" SDN download area

- no Oracle download in the SMP if the SAP contract you have is not made with/for Oracle.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Got it. Thank you so much for explanation.

Best Regards,

Edgy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgy,

Whatever you say is correct, BRTOOLS support only sap with oracle.

If you want to install sap with oracle , Please download the Oracle software then SAP.

I don't understand why are you not finding these softwares. Can you please specify me why are you not able to download the software.

Please go to sap market place find the software and add to download basket , then download the respective systems.

Working with BR tools is more easy, and comfortable.

I have experience with using BR tools.

Hope you my information help to you..

Please award me points ,,

Thanks

Srikanth M

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. Looks like Brtools only support SAP with Oracle DB, doesn't it? I think yes, but I am not so sure.

brtools were developed because the administration of Oracle was/is quite complicated. Other databases don't need that much "attention" and/or don't have features that require an external tool. Basically those tools generate SQL statements that you can write yourself.

> 2. I could not find any VM Appliance which is SAP with Oracle DB, or any SAP downloadable software. I did find SAP NetWeaver with MaxDB and DB2. However, I need try Brtools, so I need SAP with Oracle. Is anybody help to work it out.

Why do you "need" brtools?

If you have a valid license for running SAP systems on Oracle then you will get the tools. SAP doesn't provide a downloadable version for/with Oracle because they would need to offer an Oracle license for free too which does not exist - not but also because Oracle and SAP are competitors on the same market, so the possibility that Oracle will offer a license are equal zero.

So no, there's no option to get the br*tools "for free" if you don't have a valid license from SAP (and Oracle).

Markus