cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Validations with Tuple Validations Not Working in MDM Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am attempting to run "conditional" validations for data in tuples based upon values found in fields within Customers and Vendors main tables. The validations are working properly when they are executed manually, but when they are placed in Workflows the validations do not work properly.

Below is brief description of what I am referring to.

For Customers we have a Company Code tuple. Within the Company Code tuple we have validations which apply to specific Customer Account Groups. We have created Validation Groups for each Customer Account Group and have grouped these validations together.

We have also created validations in the main table which identify the Customer Account Groups. In the workflow we use the Branch step to determine which Account Group the record has (via the main table validations which determine the Account Group), and then from there we can start a thread and execute the appropriate Validation Group based upon this logic.

Now the Branch step works properly, and we are able to identify the correct Account Group and continue down the appropriate thread. However, when we attempt to execute the Validation Group with validations inside the tuple, the validations fail to execute?

Has anyone encountered this before or has any solutions/suggestions?

Thanks,

Don

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An upgrade to MDM 7.1 SP07 has enabled tuple validations to be called by the Workflows when the tuple validations have been grouped together in a Validation Group and the Validation Group is called.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you ever make it work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have finally gotten this to work!

Unfortunately this approach will only work with MDM 7.1 SP07 and above. When I devised this workflow it was for MDM 7.1 SP03.

In MDM 7.1 SP07 you are still unable to select Tuple validations in the Workflows validation step, however if you have grouped Tuple validations together under a Validation Group then it will execute in the Workflows now!

Edited by: Dsewardj on Sep 27, 2011 8:08 PM