Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic View embed

erkanoezefe
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I would like to embed a view from another Web-Dynpro-Component and i have the following questions:

- I have only found examples in which the embedding has been realized with a component-interface (for example WDR_TEST_DYNAMIC). Is it possible to views from other component to embed without a component-interface? If yes, how?

- Can I embed each view of a component or just the view, which is marked as default? What should I do to embed a non-default view?

Thanks for your help.

Erkan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

erkanoezefe
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to views from other component to embed without a component-interface?

it is not possible, views are private the components, they are visible only through the interface views.

Can I embed each view of a component or just the view, which is marked as default? What should I do to embed a non-default view?

you need to create as many as windows and embed the view respectively.

Remember that the window with interface property checked are forming the interface view which are visible to other components.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when a window is created in a component there is a check box interface if it is checked ( by default it is ), then an interface

view is created. this interface view you can use in other components also by declaring the first component as the used

component.

so if comp A has a view viewA and Window winA then a corresponding interface view will be created automatically with the

name winA.

now in the comp B first declare the COMP A component as the used component and then you can embed interface view WinA

in your window or viewcontainer in this compB component.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Embedding of the views works at the Windows level. So you embed the entire window from the 1st Component (used component) in the 2nd component (Using Component), and whichever view is set as Default in the window of the 1st component shows up first.

Thanks