SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing Rebates on specific charges in invoicing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have a requirement at this client where we are required to provide a rebate (%) to all its customers for a specific set of consumption charges, Manual billing document charges and taxes . It's not on the total bill amount but we need to provide rebate % on specific set of charges after calculating taxes on these charges. This rebate % needs to be displayed on the bill.

Can you please help me out in handling this?

Thanks,

Sachin

7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I suppose you are using unique set of main\subs for consumption charges,manual billing charges etc on which you want to calculate the rebate %.

Based on the above assumption, I would recommend you to use event R402.

Event R402 gets triggerred during invoicing and you will get all the information with repsect to the consumption charges,manual billing charges.

You can segregate them on the basis of main\subs and then calculate the rebate on them.Now take the rebate amount and post a FI-CA credit document in the event and fill the export parameter Y_VKK_DOC_NEW, so that it get passed in the print document.

You also need to make changes in the PWB as to in which section the rebate will be displayed in the invoice.

You also need to maintain the main\sub that you will be using for posting the FI-CA credit document in the "Item selection in account mainatineance" config under SAP utilities->Invoicing->Item Selection-> so that the account maintaineance happens during invoicing.

Hope it helps.....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan. I was also thinking of using 'DISCOUNT' rate with no development but the problem I am hitting is for payment plan customers also I need to provide rebates for the consumption charges and any associated adjustments to payments should be reflected in payment plan over time. Do you think using discount rate will be a beneficial in this scenario?

Assume I go with the approach of enhancing R402 event, do you know if the rebate posted would be automatically reversed with the invoice reversed?

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Discount rate would have been recommnedable, had you only considered the calculation of rebate on consumption charges.However, if you are considring to calculate rebate on manual billing adjustments, I dont think it is possible by discount rate.

The answer to your second question-

Any FI-CA document that you are posting in the event R402 and you want that to be displayed in the invoice should share the same print document no. as that of the invoice.

So when you are reversing the invoice, you are actually reversing the print document.

As the print document no is the same, the rebate will also get reversed automatically.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Amlan,

Thanks for your response. I have one more question on how to handle this rebate for retailer customers. So the requirement for retailer customers is in an event if their invoice is reversed, we cannot reverse the rebate/surcharge that was applied. However this rebate can be reversed for a full service customer.

Do you have any ideas on how can I handle this?

Thanks,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I suppose you already have a logic for segregating the full service customers and retail customers.

So for , retail customers if you want that the rebate to be remain posted against the account, even if the invoice is reversed, then you need to pass "blank\space" in the reference field (Field name-XBLNR) in the FKKKO structure as well as origin key as '01' while you are posting the FI-CA document in event R402.

The field XBLNR is the selection criterion for reversing documents. The reference document number is used to select business transactions that belong together for reversal, such as invoice document, interest document, and accompanying charges document.

Hence the rebate charges will still be posted against the account, even if the corresponding invoice is reversed.

However, for full service customers, the process which I explained in my previous post is still valid.

Hope it helps.....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Amlan,

Thanks for your response. I do not think your proposed solution of clearing XBLNR field would work because when event R402 is triggered during invoicing, XBLNR field will be empty because Invoicing process would not have automatically generated a print/invoice document number at this stage.

Can you think of any other way of retaining the rebate charges, when the invoice document is reversed?

Thanks,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

The only way to met your requirement is to have the field XBLNR as blank.Once this field gets populated, there is no way to stop reversing the rebate charges during the invoice reversal.

The approach that I have talked about in my previous post, was in similar lines to a credit document with locking its corresponding XBLNR field so that the print document doesnot gets updated.However,in that scenario, you need to pass the document no. in the export parameter Y_VKK_DOC_NEW.

Another approach would be to use event R433.

Event R433 can complete additional actions initiated by previous events. The system makes available the contract account A/R and A/P documents, inlcuding the allocated document numbers created in IS-U invoicing.

So,when event R433 is triggerred, you already have the FI-CA credit document and the print document no.

Take the respective FI-CA credit document no. and update its corresponding reference field (XBLNR) as space\blank.

For performing the above activity, first you need to mark the FI-CA credit documents against a global variable, in event R402, and then in event R433, perform the acitivty against only those documents which have a global variable marked against them.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan