Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resources for tRFC/qRFC

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello friends.

Since few days we are observing frequent problem with Resources for tRFC/qRFC. 1/2 application server gets loaded with RFC call to APO system and from this application server RFC connection to APO does not work.

I have checked communication channels : using transaction SM51 ® Go to ® Server information ® Communication table. Here i can see lots of connection to APO system with state 0 (Not ALLOCATED/DEALLOCATED ).

We have created a RZ12 Logon group with application server but not sure if it is being used correctly.(I think this because, in SMQS > qRFC Resources i can see on 1 application server no free DIA WPs for tRFC/qRFC but on another, there are many free)

Also, i see only on loaded application server, work process goes in Stopped status with CPIC reason. RFC test only from this application server do not work in between.(RFC configuration is fine, it works from other app servers and it is configured with MS server settings for APO)

Can you please suggest what should be checked now.

thanks

ashish

Edited by: ashish vikas on Feb 11, 2011 11:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jonathan_Hoare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Did you manage to resolve the issue as we also are seeing the issue "Status 0" in the communication table

Kind Regards

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> 1/2 application server gets loaded with RFC call to APO system and from this application server RFC connection to APO does not work.

What error do you get when RFC destination connection test fails. Do you get any related message in SM21?

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFC test timed out & nothing in Sm21

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish

Do you have parameters in place correctly, see following help.sap.com page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/f7/76124926929146a722b8bc4408dec1/content.htm

Have you checked that you are on the correct version for qRFC?

Kind regards

Tom

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes parameters are correct.

And problem is resolved if i restart gateway for that instance. But it keeps repeating.

I mention it again : For only APO system, RFC stops working from any 1/2 app. servers.

thanks

ashish

Edited by: ashish vikas on Feb 17, 2011 10:59 PM

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish

It sounds more like you hit a parameter limit for your gateway in that case.

Can you check the values for the following parameters in your SAP system?

gw/max_conn = 2000

gw/max_overflow_size = 25000000

gw/max_sys = 2000

Kind regards

Tom

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

We have these parameters and I do not see problem with it. If it would have been, why only RFC to APO will stop workin ?

gw/max_conn = 2000

gw/max_overflow_size = 100000000

gw/max_sys = 2000

I do not know clearly.. but is there some kind of RFC-workprocess level Deadlock ?

thanks

ashish