cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM - Records without Mask

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Do you know any way of getting the records that have any mask associated?

In the filter I can choose "None", but all records are listed. I would like to see only that records that are not associated with any mask.

Thanks in advance.

LM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lígia Moreira

As i know, In SAP MDM Data manager doesn't included extended functionality for Masks management.

Otherwise you can create own mask for your work.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I fully agree with Mandeep that there is only 1 way of doing that as described in his blog. Also in the same way, the Masks can be modified for number of records. Like for example, for adding n number of records in the existing map, you just need to extract the unique field from MDM and then update the mask by clicking the add option. So in this way, it will over ride the issue of adding the records one by one into any mask.

Regards:

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your answers. I will try to do as the blog says.

Regards,

Lígia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lígia,

I would like to see only that records that are not associated with any mask.

You can follow the approach as described in this below blog:

/people/mandeep.singhsaini/blog/2011/02/21/displaying-records-without-masks-using-another-mask

You can also follow the Approach 2: as given by me in this blog comments without exporting/importing Text files of Masks.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ligia,

Its not possible using only data manager, but you can check those records which are not in any mask using the below method:

1. Select the appropriate mask as filter criteria and export all records in an excel file.

2. Select the Mask as NONE and export all records in an excel file.

3. Apply formula to compare the above two excel worksheets and copy the result (records which are not in any mask) in the third sheet. This will give you desired result.

This is manual solution, but I feel this is the only solution (*other than writing an application using Java API)

Best Regards,

Shiv