SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create reference customer with existing BP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

We create reference customers in SD upon BP creation. Because of a security glitch (rights to XD01 were temporarily removed) I created some BP's, but the reference customers were not created.

Is there a way that I can, now, create the SD customer and link it to the existing BP?

Thanks in advance

CN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

C N:

You can maintain shadow SD customer at creation or at any point later - in the same fashion. Populate the reference customer value in the BP and save the changes.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

C N:

You can maintain shadow SD customer at creation or at any point later - in the same fashion. Populate the reference customer value in the BP and save the changes.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Bill,

Thank you - that is good news.

Now I still have a problem in that when I go to edit the BP, the Ref. Customer box is not available for edit - it's grayed out (even with SAP_ALL rights). Is that a config setting that I can change to make it editable? Or do you think something in the business process locked it up? It's the same on all of them, and none of them have been used by a process in the forefront. Maybe something behind the scenes though?

Thanks

Cathy

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Cathy:

Check your BP field attribute configuration.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

I have searched through SPRO Cross-Application Components > SAP Business Partner > Business Partner > Basic Settings > Field Groupings and all 4 groupings (per client, BP role, activity and BP Type) and have not been able to find the reference. Am I looking in the right spot? I'm searching for Data set KUNNR or description "Reference for creating standard customer".

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

While I still have yet to figure out why I can't update my Ref. customer in change mode, I was able to set it by passing an update via Emigall. And it did exactly as you said it would and created the SD customer. So my immediate problem of getting the data corrected is solved.

I'm going to open another thread for the problem of updating the field on the screen, as it's a separate issue.

Thanks for your help.