SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSM-FM - FMDERIVE derivation strategy - error message FMBS123

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am using Funds to represent each quarter of a year; this object is derived in FMDERIVE by posting date. In this scenario, in FMBBC when we enter budget for a specific funds center and commitment item, it is necessary to set the Fund which will correspond to a specific quarter of the year, so that we could be able to control the budget for quarters.

However, now the requisites changed and we need the annual budget to be available, independently of the quarter of the year. How can I do it maintaining the Funds logic? That is, I still want to see the budget divided by quarters (represented by Funds) in the reports, but I donu2019t want to control the budget by quarter.

I thought that it could be done by removing Funds derivation strategy in FMderive. However, if I do it so, I get the following error message, when I try to create a PR:

FM account assignment 143/5202020200/- cannot be posted in posting ledger 9B

Message no. FMBS123

Diagnosis

The budget structure settings do not allow posting to the FM account assignment 143/5202020200/-. The check of the budget structure ended with the return code 4.

Can anyone help me??

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do it via Cover eligibility functionality

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do it via Cover eligibility functionality

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot avoid Fund in your postings for now, as it's apparently part of your budget structure... You can solve it either with cover eligibility, as Alex suggested, or rather re-organize your whole budget structure, making only one fund (if you need it at all). Budget on quarters could be easily viewed by the periods: when you enter your budget you could choose what periods it's posted to.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!!

Cover eligibility functionality? Can you give me some additional explanation on this functionality?

Eli, your second suggestion was actually our solution. We had re-organized our budget structure and transfered all the budget to only one fund!

Many thanks!!

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cover eligibility is the function which allows to create a 'pool' for budget coverage. For example, you can have two fund centres, and you want to set the rule, that if the budget of fund centre X is over, the system should use the budget of fund centre Y; i.e. you create a common 'cover' for these two FM objects in terms of budget control. You can read more at help.sap.com.

Regards,

Eli