cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work order header information from BAPI_ALM_ORDERHEAD_GET_LIST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upfront I'll admit that this question likely falls outside of MII as I am getting bad results in SE37 as well. Was hoping others in this group have experience with this.

When I use BAPI_ALM_ORDERHEAD_GET_LIST there are several work orders that do not get returned, and I can't figure out why, or even what is the common thread between them. The missing orders are viewable via iw33, and information can also be returned from BAPI_ALM_ORDER_GET_DETAIL.

Right now, the only thing I pass in OPTIONS_FOR_ORDERID with a range of orders (ie 20 or so). Orders are returned in the correct range, just not the one I am looking for.

Rod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rod,

Sometimes the Work Orders are scheduled to start on a future date and it could be the BAPI takes some default date that is what is filtering out these orders.

This is one reason I can think off which may be working against you.

As far as I remember there's a "OPTIONS_FOR...." some date field as well.

Thanks

Udayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Udayan, that was it. The PM was scheduled with an 'Earliest Start Date' in the future. I can get the desired time window using 'SHOW_DOCS_WITH_FROM_DATE' and 'SHOW_DOCS_WITH_TO_DATE'.

Some further testing indicates that if values aren't provided the time window used is from 90 days in the past to the current date.

Rod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rod,

The only thing I can think of is that there are times where orders (or other objects) are created outside of normal procedures. My experience was with Batch histories, but if the objects are not created in the normal process (a nebulous term at best), they will sometimes not be stored in all the proper tables. Can you check the processing history of the orders missing to see if there are any discrepancies there?

Otherwise, you may need to get some ECC side help. The ABAP code in the underlying function module may direct you to all the tables which should be populated with the correct data so you can check which tables are not populated.

An alternative option for getting the work order header information would be to go back to the old reliable RFC_READ_TABLE.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Feb 12, 2011 4:13 PM