cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment IDoc Not Generated - Measurement unit has no ISO code

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having an issue with one of our custom IDoc types at the shipment level. This issue appears to only be occurring with a specific material. The strange thing is that the IDoc sometimes generates and sometimes does not when this particular material is in a delivery that is assigned to the shipment.

When I look in the output of the shipment and highlight the output type and click processing log, the error says "Measurement unit has no ISO code." So for some reason, the UoM is not being passed during IDoc generation.

It appears everything is setup properly in material master...we have EA assigned to this material and if I go to t-code CUNI I can see that EA certainly does have an ISO code assigned.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are able to reproduce the error, Try to re-generate the IDOC and put a breakpoint in the following FM, and see if it stops there

UNIT_OF_MEASURE_SAP_TO_ISO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

I just tried what you suggested and it did not catch the breakpoint. Should this FM be used during IDoc generation?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Will OSS Note 790507 - Converting ISO code to SAP code in the Connector apply to your environment?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thank you for your response. Although this note does look applicable to the problem we are experiencing, we do not currently use the process specified in the note.

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OY03, select your currency and check whether ISO code is maintained there also. Also ensure that the field "Valid until" should be blank.

At times, this could also one of the reasons for the above issue.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just went to OY03 and highlighted the USD currency...there is an ISO code there and the valid unitl is left blank.

Do you have any idea as to why the IDoc sometimes genereates and sometimes does not? Is there a chance the user is the root cause of the issue (i.e. process not followed properly) ? Myself and a few colleagues are trying to recreate the problem, however have been unlucky which is why I am leaning towards a process issue with the user when creating the delivery and/or adding it to a shipment.

Thank you.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the link where similar issue is discussed;

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I did come across that thread before posting this one. I tried all of the suggestions from that thread without any luck.

Thanks.

Edited by: Josh Dunlap on Feb 21, 2011 4:37 PM

NOTE: Marking this thread as closed. We found out that the problem wasn't directly related to the issue discussed in this thread. We have a custom Z program that will stop IDoc generation if certain criteria are met in the delivery. After debugging we found out the user was changing this criteria in the delivery for some reason...which stopped the IDoc from generating.

So, the measurement unit error essentially has always occurred for this material...the only reason we were seeing it sometimes is because the IDoc stopped generating directly after this Measurement Unit error occurred.

Edited by: Josh Dunlap on Feb 21, 2011 4:49 PM