cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific questions about Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have some specific questions about the Service Desk.

1.) What is a corporate message? (What does it mean? What is the difference to a normal message? When do I use it?)

2.) In the online documentation (SAP Solution Manager -> Service Desk -> Using the Service Desk) under Process Flow it is said:

<i>"The support message arrives in your Service Desk.

a. The system assigns the support message to the appropriate support level automatically, e.g. by SAP component, priority or support message category.

b. The system determines the associated business partners, e.g. customer, key user or support team, automatically.

c. The system creates a service process in the SAP Solution Manager.

d. If the customizing is set appropriately, the system checks whether there are existing contracts for this installation and customer. Such a contract can, for example, contain a Service Level Agreement (SLA), in which the customer has been guaranteed certain services, for example maximum response times.

If a contract is found, choose the relevant contract item, e.g. Support, Consulting or Development."</i>

-> What does this really mean? What happens in the background? Which things are really assigned?

-> Is it possible that the system automatically assigns the correct service desk? (if there are different service desks for different topics, also third-party service desks)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Daniela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniela,

Infact its a huge list of questions but i would like to share some info with me so that you can get some insight into it.

The work flow is in the following way :

1. The message when raised by a key user ( in your Prod environment) is sent to the solution manager

2. Internally the SAP picks up the component Eg : In case of roles issues BC-SEC-USR-PFC is picked up by SAP and is delivered to the SSM thereby making it easier to assign a support desk employee for it.

3. A pre configuration can be done which decides that when a message is raised in MM module it can be directed to MM responsible of the service desk and hence forth such rules can be configured in SSM making the redirection of messages easier.

4.ALso if an SLA exists in the contract a SLA report can be implemented where the maximum response times and time of resolution can be set and if a message is not taken care of in the stipulated time then it can be escalated automaticaly to the higher authorities.

For all the Knowledge transfers details please visit the SAP site at https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/rkt.

Let me know if this information is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Raghu.

Thanks for your answer. But I still have some questions...

a) Now I know, how a message is sent to the correct support desk employee (e.g. module MM or SD or...). And the support level is assigned by priority, for example, or? And I can configure such rules?

b) What I do not know is, what business partners are automatically assigned? Who is meant with business partners and how are they assigned?

c) The SLA's. Is it correct, when I say, that if a SLA exists, one have to implement a SLA report, so that the system can control the response times and escalations? Where and how can I implement such a SLA report?

Thanks in advance and best regards, Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

A user (Support desk employee), A consultant, The Sold to Party ( Company with implements SAP) and the managers, users every in SOLMAN is named as a business partner.

They have a business partner number assigned to them during the creation of these buisness partners via the transaction BP.

The Sold to Party role is also created in BP transaction and here you can define the rule where the message is coming and to which suport team this should go.

I hope this info is also helpful to you and thanks for the points earlier.

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

Can you please tell me where(tab or screen) I can configure the rule(which one) for this BP (sold to party) in trx.BP?and how to acheive the autoamtic message routing thro' config in BP and S to P role so that message recived to the support desk.

Can you please elaborate.

thanks .

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

At this moment i can't found the rule 13200137 (CRM_DNO_1) in my system, how can i create it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Sérgio Vieira

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

For SLA to be in place you need to have the following things configured.

1. Define Date Profile for you transaction type.

<b>SPRO --> CRM --> Basic Function --> Date Management -->Assign Date Profile to Transaction Type</b> by default you see for initial reaction it is one day, for deadline it is 3 days.

2. Define Time Scale for Service Level.

3. Then for the user to intimate about the escalation you just have to define condition in <b>SPPFCADM - PPF: Administration</b>.

Try out if you still need in detail. Let me explore and make you understand.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

For SLA to be in place you need to have the following things configured.

1. Define Date Profile for you transaction type.

<b>SPRO --> CRM --> Basic Function --> Date Management -->Assign Date Profile to Transaction Type</b> by default you see for initial reaction it is one day, for deadline it is 3 days.

2. Define Time Scale for Service Level.

3. Then for the user to intimate about the escalation you just have to define condition in <b>SPPFCADM - PPF: Administration</b>.

Try out if you still need in detail. Let me explore and make you understand.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

This is how automatically support level is assigned

Refer This note.

<b>616946</b>. Soon I will come up with more.

Feel Free to revert back.

--Ragu

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was all the time i spent on this and replied and the answer was not even Helpful???????

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu.

Sorry that I did not answer to your post. Your answer was a bit helpful. But I already made the configuration you said.

And I rather wanted to know what happens in the background, e.g. what service process is created in the Solution Manager when creating a message. I read this in the online documentation of the Solution Manager (under Service Desk) and wanted to know what some things really mean.

Best regards, Daniela

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. First thing you need to do is go to <b>PPOMA_CRM</b>, Create Organisational Model.

2. Then Go to PFAC (For Document type <b>SLFN</b> you need to select rule 13200137) and define the rule and assign the business partner from the organization that you have created.

3.Then you go to <b>SPPFCADM - PPF: Administration</b> there you define condition. For SLFN.

And this is the basic with you which really you can achieve a huge number of functionalities.

This will solve your problem.

Feel Free to revert back.

--Ragu