cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Workflow - Exclude a user in a step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have the following requirement, please can you let me know is it possible to be implemented in SAP MDM.

We are in SAP MDM 7.1 SP04.

1. Start - Process - Approve -- Stop

2. Start - Check out record

3. Stop - Check In Record.

4. Process Step owner - Launcher of the Workflow.

5. Approve Step assigned to a Role.

6. 2 roles - Requestor and Approver.

7 User A has both Roles Requestor and Approver.

Q: Requestor(User A) launches the workflow - while sending from Process to Approve Step - we have to ensure that the owner of process tep in the workflow should not be able to approve the record -- Is it possible to check and exclude or show an error message that the previous owner is not allowed to be selected in the Approve step.

Thanks,

Priya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya.

All your requirements are supported in SAP MDM 7.1 WF

More about WF you can read here(page 285):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8aaa42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMDataManager71.p...

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks, even i have this guide and tried all options,

bit i was not able to find.

please tell me if this is possible, if yes how.

Q: Requestor(User A) launches the workflow - while sending from Process to Approve Step - we have to ensure that the owner of process tep in the workflow should not be able to approve the record -- Is it possible to check and exclude or show an error message that the previous owner is not allowed to be selected in the Approve step.

Thanks,

Priya.

rohit_j
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya ,

I did not get the complete picture of your use case but may be this can help.

If the record is already checked out by Requestor(User A) who launches the workflow , you can check at the approval stage whether the same user is approving or not by using CheckOutStatus property of the record.

Say UserA has checked out the record and at the approval stage when you try to get the checkoutStatus of the record and it return OWNER , then you can display an error message that the same user is trying to approve else you can allow that user to approve.

Best Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

you have asked question as

We are in SAP MDM 7.1 SP04.

1. Start - Process - Approve -- Stop

2. Start - Check out record

3. Stop - Check In Record.

4. Process Step owner - Launcher of the Workflow.

5. Approve Step assigned to a Role.

6. 2 roles - Requestor and Approver.

7 User A has both Roles Requestor and Approver.

so my another question to you is

what is the assignee type and authorizations are provided to this User or Roles ?

are you assigning the same roles to both this users ? What is the Execution type for this Workflow? try to make it as All Sequential Orderd and then see if it works if it does not then please let me know we will check out some other way for this/

Thanks and Regards

Praful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

As per your requirement, I feel that for your Approval step, you should set Property Execution Type = All Sequential Random.

All Sequential Random: All assignees must perform the step. Each assignee can do so one at a time in any order.

So in this way irrespective of whosoever is Requester/owner, Approve step has to be approved by every assignee (User). So though one of the User is Requester/owner but still it will be validated and thus approved by other User's(assignees) too. Thus you could ensure that it has been approved by every assignee(user) which allows you to approve it by other users as well.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini