cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping channels which are in polling status

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If we have a sender file adatper channel which is currently reading a file. If we stop the channel, does this stop the polling of the file.

LIkewise for a receiver channel, if we stop a channel midway through writing a file, does the file only get partially created.

Thanks

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Just Try to replicate the scenarios. You would understand the basic phenomina of polling files.

Q1) If we have a sender file adatper channel which is currently reading a file. If we stop the channel, does this stop the polling of the file.

Eventhough you stop the channel, it will complete the one which are under process.

Q 2) LIkewise for a receiver channel, if we stop a channel midway through writing a file, does the file only get partially created.

It will complete writing the files.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not that I don't beleive you as I suspect the same. But is this documented anywhere.

Thanks

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

It don't think it is documented anywhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure but I believe if you stop the channel (while it is reading a file), you will see an error in communication channel.

I suggest you to do this.

Put any huge file (8-10MB)..audio, big document anything. Configure sender file adapter and poll it. See the communication logs ( refresh it). And in between deactivate the channel. I hope it may a a kind of expereint to analyse it properly.

I want to check it but have no access to file server. so cannot check at this moment. Please share your outcome of this test.

Thanks,

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

The question that you have raised is a good one. I have tried with some small files with less that 100 KB that went fine as I said. But need to test with huge files. Will try and update abt this.

But as per my knowledge when the file adapter starts processing, it will process and send to Integration Engine. So, I hope everything goes fine.

Will test as you said and tell you abt the results.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have ran a test of a file which is larger than 200 meg. Looking at the channel procssing on the RWB it appears that this file was picked up in two seconds. I can hardly assume that I can stop the channle while it is still reading the file.

The message was stuck in the message monitor as 'waiting'. I manually procesed this message which caused the Java stack to re-boot, so that was not a good idea.

I would presume that XI is that quick is reading files, the stopping of the channel is irrelevant.

Thanks

Martin

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP PI/XI provides guaranteed delivery of the messages picked by it. lets say, if you started both communication channel sender and receiver. You stopped your receiver communication and then you started the Sender communication channel. Sender CC will pick up the file and it will process it even if after picking the file you stop the sender CC. But, it is supposed to place the file in receiver side but receiver CC is not working. In this case SXI_Monitor will show you an error message in Call Adapter Step.

So this is the way, this kind of thing works. I hope this will clarify a bit.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Answers (0)