cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Billing Plan Invoice problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue in regards to using milestone billing with a third party order..

We currently use third party ordering to ship goods direct to our customers from our parent company in France. This process works well. I know have a scenario where our customer wishes to pay for goods in 2 installments . When they place their 3rd Party order they pay 50% of the total price up front then pay the remaining 50% plus an additional fee of 5% after 12 months. I have configured a new milestone billing plan for this scenario but I am unable to raise a billing document for the customer.

In the non billing plan scenario the document flow works as follows

Customer sales order raised - Automatic Purch Req - Purch order raised against parent company - Parent company ship to customer and bill us - vendor ivoice loaded against PO (MIRO) - Customer is billed via original sales order

The Billing plan scenario should work like this (but doesn't)

Customer sales order raised - Automatic Purch Req - Purch order raised against parent company - Customer Billed initial 50% - Parent company ship to customer and bill us - vendor ivoice loaded against PO (MIRO) - 12 months later Customer is billed via original sales order.

The issue I have is that the system cannot see an open billing quantity for the order even after the Vendor invoice has been loaded into the system against the purchase order.

Has anyone else had issues with this scenario and if so could they offer some advice on how to resolve

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

This is expected in standard scenario.

In third party scenario, the billing relevance is either E or F in the item category.

If A, you can do invoice only for the quantity for which MIGO is done.

If F, you can do invoice only for teh quantity for which MIRO is done.

Your non-biling plan scenario is working fine, becos you are doing MIRO.

It is not workign in billing plan as you are not doing MIRO here.

So,

If you want to do partial billign in billign plan, you have to do MIRO for partial quantity and then do billing. In this case, only that part of teh invoice value will be used for creating the invoice.

However, I would suggest you to use someother item category for third party item with billing plan which doesnot have billign relevance as A or F, but has B or C. Then try doing billign as per billing plan. It will work.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether OSS Note 1521810 - Third-party with down payment: Billing is missing would help your scenario.

Regards,