cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP decision

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are evaluating to start using Enterprise Services in our Business Scenarios (ECC 6.0).

We've heard that the minimum desirable patch level is EHP 4.

What do you think about it? Does SAP provide official documentation about the recommended patch level for Enterprise Services?

Thanks in advance.

David.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I think, it depends on the enterprise services required by you. ES bundles have been deliverede with different enhancement packages, and if the services required by you have already been shipped in EHP1, that EHP should fit your needs.

some more information on enterprise service bundles and enhacement packages can be found here in the [ES Wiki|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/Enhancement+Packages]

regards, anton

0 Kudos

Thanks Anton for your fast response.

We are at the first step of our project, so we don't know which functionalities are required yet.

Were in a project step in wich an EHP upgrade is not critical, so we must evaluate the decision of an upgrade.

What do you recommend us, make an upgrade to enable a big quantity of services or just wait for individual requirements installing single services on demand?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

can't answer that from experience since I am not at a customer nor in consulting.

From your actual perspective I'd guess though it would make sense to go to EHP4 immediately, because it shouldn't make much of a difference effortwise to go (from "EHP0") to EHP2 or EHP4 and you gain a broad range of ESs when you go to EHP4. Not to mention other functionality which will be at your diposal to switch on one by one.

going to EHP2 now and then upgrade to EHP4 later just because of one or two additional services will definitely be more costly.

my 2 quick and not well thought of cents,

anton

Answers (0)