SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection object Number Ranges

saivishnu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Internal number range was not working in Connection object

When I press enter at ES55 screen the following message was coming

Internal number assignment not possible for structured key

Diagnosis

You have not entered a connection object, device location key, or a property key.

Since the key has structure XXXX-XXX-AA-NN, a number cannot be assigned internally.

System Response

The transaction was terminated.

Procedure

Assign a key with structure XXXX-XXX-AA-NN.

After this message I have deleted the existing number ranges and added new number ranges in configuration settings,

NO: 01 From No: 1 To No:10000 current no: 0

NO: 02 From No: 10001 To No:20000 ext after that both internal and external number ranges were not working. How to resolve this error please guide me.

Regards

vishnu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be your functional location is expecting an external range.

Verify your settings under SAP Utilities > Master Data > Basic Settings > Devfine Structure Indicator and Category of Functional Locations.

Also since you changed your number range to start with 1 now, you don't have any data out there currently that already exists in the number range, right?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be your functional location is expecting an external range.

Verify your settings under SAP Utilities > Master Data > Basic Settings > Devfine Structure Indicator and Category of Functional Locations.

Also since you changed your number range to start with 1 now, you don't have any data out there currently that already exists in the number range, right?

0 Kudos

Hi CN,

Thanks for your reply,The problem was solved. In Structure Indicator and Category of Functional Locations when I changed

I C

str. AO_GP

c A

NAT -

save

Now my connection object started working.

Thanks for your reply

Regards

vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Connection Object & Device Location are functional locations so you have to be sure to map it to the same structure as defined in PM.

The structure can be defined in PM through this path:

Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Technical Objects -> Functional Locations -> Create Structure Indicator for Reference Locations/Functional Locations

Here you can define your own edit mask for your structure for the functional location.

according to the error message you got the Edit mask defined in your system must be XXXX-XXX-AA-NN.(kindly Check).

X means you can enter both number and letters.

A means only letters can be entered.

N means only numbers can be entered.

So try something like 1ABC-1A-QW-77(again check with the old number range that was defined)

You can change the edit mask to 'XXXXXXX......XXXXXXXX'.(full field filled with X).

and then I guess you can use the number range you have defined(as you wrote above) in the Connection Object number range(Object : ISU_EHAU)

Kindly revert back for any clarifications.

Regards,

Rakesh..

Edited by: Rakesh Dasgupta on Feb 12, 2011 2:41 PM

0 Kudos

I dont have number range issue however When I save connection object is it short dumping

the error message in ST22 shown is

function module "CRS_FUNCLOC_COLLECT_DATA" called

but cannot found in the library.

I suspect this is something to with number range or some other config

any thoughts?