Did you mean: 

RDSWP_SELF_DIAGNOSIS error

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

On my SolMan, I regularly have the following error:

Communication error, CPIC return code 017, SAP return code 223

If I look at the error it is described that RDSWP_SELF_DIAGNOSIS generates this error.

I strongly suspect that it is due to an rfc connection using our old admin username/password

because it started the day his account had been locked.

Unfortunately, I could not find out this connection in sm59.

How can I diagnose more in details what is causing this CPIC error?

Thanks in advance for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The report actually sends data from self diagnosis application on the Solution manager system to the SAP OSS system as a part of Service Preparation check.

So the RFCs that could have a problem are the SAP-OSS RFC or the Solution Manager self pointing RFC.

Regards,

Srikishan

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikishan,

Well done. My colleague had put his Sid password in the sap-oss connection.

I have put OSS_RFC/CPIC for the username password and it seems to work fine.

1. I still have a question.

How could I have found (whithout guessing) that it was the SAP-OSS connection.?

Is there a log that provides me more details and the rfc connection generateing the problem?

2. I am wondering why my colleague put its Sid.

In the past was it mandatory to put Sid instead of OSS_RFC in the username field of this connection?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

- In order to get more details about the RFC causing the issue, maybe increasing the RFC trace levels from SM59 could help. Still I think it would difficult to exactly point to a particular RFC because the trace might show many other non functioning RFC details. Better approach would be to check which RFC is actually used by the job/report. Note 894279 gives details regarding the various jobs scheduled in the SolMan and corresponding functions.

- Regarding the user/password maintained in the RFC, ideally the S-user Id should be provided in the SAP-OSS conenction from SolMan to the SAP OSS system. The OSS_RFC user might not have all the authorizations to run service preparation checks as well as various services. The solution manager initial setup program too asks to enter S-User ID to connect to OSS. I am suspecting your colleague would have entered incorrect S-User details causing the RFC to fail. It would be best to get valid S-User details adn maintain the same for SAP-OSS RFC. A sucessful connection test would ensure everything is in place.

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you could find some jobs planned under that locked user account so that you can investigate further...

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Maybe you could find some jobs planned under that locked user account so that you can investigate further...

Hello Peter,

I had already found the job causing the problem.

The problem was not with the job account, but the fact that the job was using a "bad" rfc connection.

Regards,