cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIFing the data from APO to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I know how to CIFing the data from ECC to APO. But i would like to know how to transfer the data from APO to ECC.I also would like to know how to debug the code...I see some of the questions in this forum on CIF debugging, but they are all CIFing the data from ECC to APO, but i need the other way around ( APO to ECC )

Could anyone provide me the detail steps to CIF debugging ?

I really appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What kind of data do you want to transfer from APO to ECC ? Lets say you want to transfer live cache reqs generated by APO to R/3 and create firmed reqs , then the following are the prerequisites

1. Make the publication setting /n/sapapo/cp1 as mentioned by DB

2. Make sure the material -plant for which you want to transfer reqs is active in the PO/ Preq integration model in R/3

3. In APO /n/sapapo/sdp110 make sure the transfer setting is set to immediate.

Once all this is done , you dont have to do anything manually. The reqs will get transferred to R/3 automatically.

Also we have to transfer master data from R/3 to APO since R/3 is the master and i dont think it is possible to do the opposite - transfer of master data from APO- R/3 (no standard tool available) . Also we generally transfer only live cache reqs and PIR's (demand plan) back to R/3 . For PIR's you need to use the transfer profile.

Thanks

Aparna

Edited by: Aparna.Ranganathan on Feb 11, 2011 5:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49 and Aparna for response. Here is my situation.The planned order is being created in APO and we are transferring the data to ECC. At that time, the work center is not getting transferred correctly.

For ex: in APO, the planned order is being created with Work center 2 but somehow it is transferred as 01 all the time.Did not know at what point the work center is getting changed. So i am trying to debug the CIF and see what's going on.

I am using the BADI - /SAPAPO/CL_EX_CIF_OP and the method is ORDER_OUTB_MODIFY_AFTER_EXTRAC. I put a break point to see what work center it is transferring to ECC.

Please let me know what are the other options available so that i can check them.

I appreciate your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

GVP,

I will let the ABAP experts respond to your debug questions.

However, you should be aware that the planned order that is created in R/3 will be generally be created with data that exists in R/3, and not necessarily with data that comes from APO.

The Work center in APO will generally be determined by the PPM in APO. Check that your Production version in R/3 is consistent with the PPM that exists in APO. You might want to consider deleting the PPM in APO and re-cifing it across from R/3. In this way, you can be sure they are consistent.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB and Aparna. Your responses helped me.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

GVP,

CIFing data from APO to ECC is activated with 'publishing'. IMG > Integration with Sap Components > Integration via core interface > Basic settings for data transfer > Maintain distribution definition.

Basic replication configuration at

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B05_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Debugging outbound queues from APO works the same as debugging outbound queues from ECC, just reverse the systems. There is an article in SDN with an example at http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0d1265d-db32-2b10-79ba-ccf6fe2c161d

Best Regards,

DB49