cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You cannot use the RFC/server group parallel_generators

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have performed a system refresh activity from PRD to DEV. Now we are performing local client copy within the DEV system from client 300 to 200. We are waiting to finish this copy from last 48 hours. It is running too slow. the total size of the DB is 150 GB. May be client is having size og 100 GB.

We cancelled the client copy and restated with using option parallel-generators assuming that it will speed-up the process. But still we are getting the same performance.

I just swa in client copy log, there is a statement mentioning that "You cannot use the RFC/server group parallel_generators" I am not able to understand what it want to say. Is there some configuration need to be done from my side?

PS : My OS is windows server 2003 64 Bit and RAM is 5.75 GB.

Please suggest your ideas.

Regards,

Sujit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Have you created the RFC logon group parallel_generators in transaction RZ12 and assigned your new system to it?

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks for quick reply.. I just had a check and there was old entry from production in RZ12. I have corrected it now.

But already I have terminated the client copy and resumed it once. Can I dynamically assign the parallel generators to running client copy now? Is there any way to do it?

What you will suggest in current scenario?

Regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

You have to cancel the current client copy run and schedule a new one with the parallel generators.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

I cancelled client copy and re-ran it with parallel generators. It is running very fast now.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Regards,

Sujit

Answers (0)