Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP4 upgrade

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am in the process of installing EHP4 on ECC 6.0 system.I have read that during the upgrade ,a shadow instance will be created and 100 GB of free space will be required for this.So here my quiestion is whether I can give a location(Dirve, where required space availbale) or the EHPI tool will take it automatically?

We are running on Windows server 2008 and Oracle 10.2.0.5.

Regards,

Dinakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

new tablespaces will be created (PSAP701). Create them where you want.

also, SAPEHPI will ask you to increase some tablespace, increase them wherever you want.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Here is my drive structure and plan.

1.C:\ with free space 25 GB - I want to copy download directory here.

2.(D:\ Oracle_Home,usr\sap\trans , datafiles of 10 GB and Oraarch direcotry ) with 50 GB free space - The trans directory will be filled up with package extraction and I will deactivate archive mode.

3.E:\ 30 GB of data files with 40 GB free space.

F:\ 55 GB of data files with 65 GB free space.

G:\ 10 GB of data files with 104 GB free space:I want to use this as upgradae directory where I will run EHPI tool and shadow instance will be created.

SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 fresh installaiton is running on my server with data files of 94 GB with 20 GB free space in that.

Please let me know the current size of hard drives are sufficient or Should I increase them before starting the EHP4 installation?

Regards,

Dinakar.

Edited by: mutnuru dinakar on Feb 13, 2011 11:37 AM

Edited by: mutnuru dinakar on Feb 13, 2011 11:40 AM

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This looks OK.

when adding new data files, I would put them on drive G:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use G:\ drive as the installation directory..

Rgds,

Soujanya

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your answers.Let me ask 1 more query.I have not yet got installation number for the server.So I have not applied permanent license.Should the server has permanent license to goahead with download of EHPs and support packs from solution manager system?

Regards,

Diankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can conect satellite system to Solution Manager with temporary license, and you can download SP via Mantienance optimazer but you cannot apply SP without mantienance certificate.

Regards

William Neira

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In EHP4 installation there are three important things for which you need space:

1) For download directory which will contain all packages. this directory you can create in any file system where you have space.

2) upgrade directory- this directory from where you will run EHPi tool. So, this directory you can also create in file system where you have space.

3) Shadow system will be created in the database, so, you need to have space in the database file system as well for the same.

Thanks

Sunny