cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user can not enter value in INPUT field.

former_member375669
Participant
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i have a table control on the screen which have one input field which user needs to fill. But as per he business req. we don't want him to enter any value, values should be enter from the search help only.

If i make input field Read only it comes in gray color and user get confused. tell me some way so i can create white input field in which user can not enter values from key board.

Please suggest...

points will be awarded...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> hi experts,

>

> i have a table control on the screen which have one input field which user needs to fill. But as per he business req. we don't want him to enter any value, values should be enter from the search help only.

>

>

> If i make input field Read only it comes in gray color and user get confused. tell me some way so i can create white input field in which user can not enter values from key board.

>

>

> Please suggest...

>

> points will be awarded...

This you cannot control. because if it is enabled only in that case you can see it white.

do that thing as suggested by basakar to add a new input field just besides first one with zero padding.

One workaround is use an image instead of real input field. the image should have the input field as image.

and besides it create the input field with width 0 and padding also zero.

i think this can fulfill the requirement.

Thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess if your field does not contain more entries in input help then youcan use dropdown by Key or Index as value help.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have had the same problem. We found only a work around and there is no specific solution for it.

Say you have a inputfield, we first deactivate the search help for this field,we define a new inputfield next to it with 0 px and paddless and assign the search help to this field.

On the runtime you see inputfield and icon next to it as of it has search help.