Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts in SDP

former_member1013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a simple Alert for safety Stock.

If safety stock falls below 30% it is an error below 20% it is a warning loke that.

Is there any macro needed to execute or to get an Alert if SS stock falls below mentioned level???

or not needed to write macro as it is done by simple calculations done by system when doing heuristics and deployment.

Hope I will get some good answers.

Best Regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

If you create a Z database alert, you need to create a macro which will check for your condition for safety stock.

Go to /SAPAPO/ADVM and create a macro to explicitly call the alert if your error condition for safety stock is fulfilled.

Rgds, Rishi

former_member1013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanx for the reply.

One more thing I would like to ask is that this alert will be applicable to Source location or targt location in DRP cycle.

Best Regards,

Sanjay

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends on which location you are checking in the macro. For example if you have the selection at product -location level and if you are running the alert macro for product - source location , then alert will be applicable to source loc . On the other hand if you ar running alert fpr prod - destination location, then alert will be applicable to destination loc

Thanks

Aparna

former_member1013
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Agree with this...Can safety stock level at source location fall below mentioned level that is for exmpl if SS level is 100 in master data.

I have not come accross such situation.

Thank You

Best Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

Ideally the projected available stock should never fall below your safety stock since your planning engine should take care of generating receipts atleast equal to the safety stock.

However there may be horizons, like the SNP stock transfer horizon or the planning time fence where the system does not plan. In this case, if the demand situation arises such that the demand is more than the safety stock, then the demand consumes from your safety stock and your planned receipts may fall below your target safety stock.

Other than the above case, almost in all cases, the planning engine should ensure creation of receipts which are at least equal to the safety stock.

Let me know if this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep

former_member1013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for ur reply.

I really agree with this.Is this will apply for both source and target location??

Best Regards,

Sanjay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Rishi has mentioned you need to write a macro and check for this condition in macro and trigger the alert if the condition is satisfied. You can execute the macro as a background job for a bunch of materials or manually in the interactive planning session for a given CVC. You also have to make sure that in the alert profile this alert is selected , so that the users can view the alerts after the job completes.

Thanks

Aparna

Edited by: Aparna.Ranganathan on Feb 11, 2011 5:09 PM